Thursday, July 10, 2014

Easy and Quick Milk Cap home decor....

I was able to knock out this fast project using vintage milk caps and a frame from Goodwill.  I was fortunate enough to finish my collection from a fancy vintage goody grab bag style order from Lisa Pace.  The last few large milk caps were just what I needed.  I had a white frame from Goodwill that had a damaged spot on it...  I got to work distressing the rest of the frame with some sand paper to match the spot, turned out nice.  Then I framed some dollar store gingham and kraft wrapping paper since the frame was too big for scrapbook paper.  I arranged the milk caps on the glass to see how I would like them to look overall, and then got to work hot glue-ing them on the glass.  The whole project took maybe 15 minutes... Easy peasy!  You can find assortments of milk caps on Etsy, that's where I purchased my original stash from...

Turned out lovely, right??!!
















I just love to turn old things into something new and I love to display antique items...  What was once an item that worked hard in it's former life, now becomes something on display in my home...  My favorite kind of home decor!  Made with heart and completely home spun :-)  Thanks for stopping better and happy crafting y'all!  :-)

No comments: