Sunday, January 5, 2014

Winter neutrals....

The time has come.... time to tear down all the beauty that we have built over the Christmas season in our homes...  Such an arduous task...  and a depressing one at that.  But I know I will see all those pretties again in another year...  As soon as I took down all the decorations, my hubby says to me, "it looks really plain in here now..."...  Oh...  no... you... didn't.... Did you just say plain??!!  Oh, well... I'm right on that then ;-)  I have been wanting to neutralize around here and clear out the decorative clutter for a while now.  So his words were all I needed to get my "winter neutral decorating" on...




I started with making a couple of wreaths that I have wanted to make for years now.  All free stuff from around my house and crafty stash.  They aren't hard per say, and I won't bore you with yet another 'bookpage wreath' or 'coffee filter wreath' tutorial... since there is a million of them on Pinterest.  But I will show mine off with pride and joy... Because these things are the most tedious boring projects you will ever make, I swear.... but well worth the effort I think.  I adore them!





















I paired up some neutral items from around the house and now it looks decorated around here, but not too cluttered.  I think by keeping the colors neutral, it all blends really well and fits the 'baby it's cold outside' thing we have going on here in Texas right now...














I love how uncluttered and pretty it looks in here... I may have to stick with this all year..... Mwahaahaahaa.... who am I kidding??!!  Valentine's Day is just a month away for Pete's sake.. and you know Imma be alllllll over that ;-)  So don't despair when you clean up your Christmas clutter.  Just go around the house and pair up some stuff that all kind of blends in neutrals, and make a lovely vignette or two...  Happy decorating y'all!!!

No comments: