Monday, January 6, 2014

Conquering Gluten Free, one recipe at a time...

Recently celebrating my one year gluten free anniversary, I look back on what I miss the most.  Without missing a beat, my answer would be sandwiches {on white squishy bread} and flaky pastry.  Not gonna lie, I crave sweets.  All day.... every day...  it's my thing.  I only get them once every couple of days, but when I do - you can be sure I make them count ;-)  When I came across these brownies from Six Sisters Stuff, they reminded me of my favorite cookie as a kid.  The chocolate marshmallow frosted cookies at the mall.  I would ride the bus there with friends, and spend my allowance on the chocolatey goodness.  I can still taste the frosting... melted in your mouth!  I knew they would be fairly easy to convert to gluten free, since my favorite gluten free flour mix makes one tasty brownie already...  here is the recipe I followed, and let me just tell you... This might possibly be the best thing I ever ate... gluten free, or otherwise...  for realzzzz y'all!!








Fudge Brownies: {adapted from Namaste Foods}
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3 TBS unsweetened cocoa
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup Namaste Perfect Flour Blend
1/4 tsp baking soda

Melt butter in the microwave, pour into mixing bowl.  Add cocoa, mix on medium for 1 minute.  Mix in sugar.  Blend in eggs, one at a time.  Add vanilla.  Add flour in small amounts, mixing as you go.  Add baking soda.  Mix until combined.  Spread in greased 8x8 pan.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Cool.  Cover with gluten free marshmallow cream to taste.  Top with chocolate frosting, recipe as follows:

Chocolate frosting: {adapted from Six Sisters Stuff}
1 stick butter {1/2 cup}, softened
1/4 cup milk
1-2 tsp vanilla, depending on your taste
3 TBS cocoa
2-3 cups powdered sugar

Mix all ingredients in your mixer until smooth.  Adjust the powdered sugar, or milk ratio based on your desired consistency.  Spread on top of brownies.    

To serve, shall we just add: slice or just eat the whole pan with a spoon!!??!!  You won't be able to tell the difference between gluten or gluten free on this one, and you won't be baking from a box either...  Now go!!!  And experience the yum..................................

No comments: