Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas Crafting....

I was able to squeeze in a few projects this month...  not as many as my usual Crazy Christmas Crafting... I had some major surgery in November, and have just been focusing on recovering slowly.... I was blessed with a sweet and loving hubby and kiddos to take care of me, and treat me like a princess while I was recovering...  <3 nbsp="" p="">



I altered some flour sack towels with an iron on image from my Silhouette library and sewed on some cute accents...  




I covered some plain clothespins with some washi tape in holiday styles to hold my Christmas cards...





I recreated a cookie sheet advent calendar using what I had on hand that Katie Watson had made for Maya Road a few years back...  I have always wanted to make one, so checked it off the list... 














I took time to make snuggle time special with stove-top hot cocoa like my mom used to make me...  brings back sweet childhood memories for me...  

And that's it in the crafty department.  I didn't even send out cards this year, which makes me sad.  But one thing the last year of poor health has taught me is patience.  Patience to let go of the things that I cannot accomplish any longer or just simply cannot find the energy to do.  Hope you all had many crafty therapy sessions over the holidays....  because crafty therapy is important ;-)


No comments: