Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Happy Fall Y'all!!

Well, even though temperatures are still well into the 90's here in Texas, I am welcoming Fall in this house if it kills me!  I finally got the place looking Fall-ish and full of festivity....  I decorated things differently than last year, which you can find here...

My entryway {mock mantel} ended up this way this year:





Here are some closeups of the details:

A quick tag to hang off the bell jar...  

A bell jar display with skulls and moss...




A bunch of spooky titled books that I bought at the Goodwill...  and the altered witch frames from this project:  



Saw the frame on the left in a store, but wasn't willing to pay over $10 a piece, so I just came home and made some look alikes...  What do you think???






More entryway Fall looking goodies...  Made this EEk banner to throw in the mix...  






I altered this plain birdhouse to be more spooky a while back...


I just made a cute mini banner with my SU banner punch, and added some Jolee's Boutique stickers from Michael's craft store...  Topped with some spooky netting, and voila...


...So I set it up like so....  



Here is a closeup of the Halloween lollies that I made.  The secret is that I did not like any of the Halloween paper that I had on hand, patterns weren't bold enough... so I actually used napkins from Target...  

The accents are from an old Teresa Collins Halloween collection... 


Pardon the terrible lighting, we only have one small window in our living room...  {Texas!!!!}  Anyway, I added some velvet pumpkins this year from Hobby Lobby that were 50% off...  They have so many sales there, I don't know why anyone would ever pay retail for their stuff... it seems marked up a bit to me...  









...added a few pumpkin accents around the house....


These were an etsy purchase, love them and they are super heavy duty....  






It's banner central in this house...  but I love them all and have made one every year for many years, so they all MUST be displayed...  lol...  


A five minute burlap banner with a printable from Pinterest found here...  






Pennants, ripped scraps, and yoyo banners...  





Indian corn and burlap banners on the banister...  






Caged animals...  lol... just an old crow that I thought would look nice in here...  I haven't decided what to write on the chalkboard pail yet though...  Any suggestions??





Dining room table display.  A collection of antique and altered upcycled bottles...  
Did you spot the A-1 bottle on the left??  Looks pretty good, doesn't it?!?!



I just try to embellish wherever I can, and sometimes I go back in and take half of it out...  like with this area.. it was wayyyyy over embellished at first...  



I change out the plates in my display to reflect each holiday or season... These are some of my favorites... BHG from Walmart last season...  



Kitchen pretties:  



This 3 tiered shelf was made from vintage cake pans and some painted candlesticks that were my Grandmother's.  I just Glued them all together, and voila.  Instant holder for cupcakes, veggies, cookies, anything really..  



The Fall porch this year is a ton of Mums, straw bales, and a mixture of different galvanized pails I have collected over the years...










Just sneaking in a display in a {ridiculous} "art niche" that they have in the houses here in Texas...  They are impossible to decorate, but I think this will do the trick for now...  A dear friend chalkboard painted the Pottery Barn plate that she found at Goodwill... such a nice gift!  I added the sentiment, and paired it with my bird related stuff...   









Real quail eggs...  They are so fragile and dainty... love them!







A project where I painted and distressed some mason jars to match the Fall colors in the house... I just used whatever acrylic paint that I had on hand, painted two thin coats.  The used a medium grit sandpaper and distressed where I thought it would look nice...  I think they bring some great color to my kitchen, which it desperately needed!





And Fall would not be complete without decorating for football... So this is my homage to my home team, The Oregon Ducks.....  Whipped up a cute ribbon banner, and set out my saved goodies to welcome the new season... and P.S.... they are kicking booty... {as usual}... LOL....




I really didn't spend too much this year on the inside of the house for Fall decorating, just upcycled and reworked what I already had.  Painted jars, altered bottles, homemade banners... those are some ideas to help you along if you are on a budget but still want some festive looks...


Happy Fall Y'all!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: