Sunday, June 9, 2013

Prepping the nest for Summer...

I am getting started taking down all the Spring stuff around the house now that the kids are out of school... I guess that would be officially Summer???  Anyway, I wanted to leave my Spring goodies up until the last minute because I really love them all so much... but I know I can make the nest look just as good for Summer as well...

So we did some pruning of the Spring growths in the yard, and I was able to collect some wonderful sprigs of great leaves...  I had an old frame that I {tried my best} to paint black, but the Texas humidity got the best of it...  Needless to say, that's not the kind of "distressing" I was going for...  but I saved it knowing I could do something with it...  I fashioned the sprigs with wire around the frame, created a quick banner out of brown paper, striped ribbon, American Crafts Thickers {letters}, and painted up some old SU chipboard hearts for a pop of red.  I think it turned out lovely, and I can always add more sprigs as they shrink and wither, or just leave them brown and dried for a Fall twist...  dunno yet....











Here is a quote that really means a lot in my life right now:  "If we had no Winter, the Spring would not be so pleasant. If we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." Anne Bradstreet....


I had tons of things break down on me, go wrong, people wrong me in grandiose ways, and a famine of sorts financially going on in the last weeks...  But I'm keeping my head up, things are turning around and getting fixed...  bills are getting paid eventually...  and I realize that things aren't as bad in my life as other's may have it, and I should just buck up and deal....  so that's exactly what I am going to do :-)  


Happy Crafting everyone!!!

No comments: