Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lots of life going on...

As one can imagine, balancing family, faith, and finances are always challenging.  I have been very blessed with the first two, and continue to pray about the latter.. lol...  My approach to projects has always been to use products sparingly, and economize whenever I can...


This framed Spring Banner project uses mostly cardstock and a few baubles and trim that I had on hand.  The colors are from SU, kraft, baja breeze, and kiwi kiss.  Mix with white, and they are very neutral and lovely all together.  I use this vintage frame for many projects, changing it out with the seasons...















A case of a card from CARDS 2010 that had a lemon theme originally, looks cuter in roses to me :-)  It's for my sweet Mommy for Mother's Day...





This was a plain striped canvas beach bag {new with tags} that I found at our local Goodwill.  I added some fabric yo-yo's for a fun and bright beach bag...








This is an altered artist printers tray from 7 gypsies that came as a kit from The Button Farm - but took me over a year to finish... have been just a little bit busy... go figure!!








Pfamily Pfun:  Yes, we currently live in a town called Pflugerville - so every 'f' word starts with a 'P' here... lol... well - maybe not EVERY 'F' word...  but we were able to attend the recent Bike Rodeo with the boys - and OHHHH what Pfun they had!!!






Our adult daughter visited us here in Texas from Oregon - what Pfun we had!!!!!!!!!  We attended the Austin Rodeo and she had the time of her life... although she is a country girl at heart....






Sara Evans was the performer for the evening - she was outstanding!!  Best live vocals I have ever heard!!




And what proper Texan lady wouldn't want at least one of each of these perfect pairs of boots??




We were able to sneak in a little photo shoot while she was here, they all turned out so beautiful!!  Here's just a snippet...




No Spring in Texas would be complete without a few Blue Bonnet pics, so snapped a few of my sweet twins...





And of course, I was finally able to get a new camera after 8 years of a less than stellar one.  It's not a super expensive fancy-schmancy one - but it is decent and once I learn how to use it - look out world!!






As I continue my struggles through the path to better health, I am reminded that good health isn't just about maintaining a healthy weight.  When I was growing up, I was told not to eat a certain way so that I "wouldn't get too fat"...  However, turning 40 this year has brought up many health issues with my insides - not just my weight.  So we have implemented much more healthy eating and exercise in our family so that our kids' "insides" can be healthy as well.  It has been 4 months - and we are going strong!!!  Please pray that I may continue to manage my health problems - and that my kids will keep up the exercising as we go into the hotter months here in Texas... much harder to get a kid to exercise when it's over 100 degrees outside... lol...

Much love and Hugs to all my crafty friends out there!!!

 

No comments: