Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fixing up the joint...

Hello crafty friends!!  I have been on a "fix-up binge" this week.  I have so many projects on my to do list, and I finally decided to accomplish a couple...


I found this frame at my local Goodwill for $2.99.  I loved the rustic wood that was used {Very Texas-y}.  I have been wanting to make a family names sign with scrabble tiles for sometime, but just didn't know how I would pull it all together.  I sketched out a quick idea, and than got to work on this beauty...  After an hour or so of fun and crafting, I was happy with the results....















So I have this dry erase board in the entryway area of my home.  We rarely use it for actual communication, mostly just for silly messages...  but I can never get the words erased all the way since they linger on there for so long... just basically became an eye sore.  I had ordered some upholstery webbing years ago in red and black for decorating, and for my Christmas from a couple of years ago...  so I figured making a new bulletin board with a basket weave would look nice.  I saw this in a Pottery Barn Catalog years ago, and have always had it on my 'knock-offs list'....











Well I hope you are able to look at things with a creative eye, and see the potential and beauty underneath!


Hugs and Happy Crafting!!!




No comments: