Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spring has sprung... well... maybe just in my house :-)

Got right to work decorating for Spring as soon as the weather warmed a bit.  It is always sunny in Texas, so it really doesn't feel like winter at all to me.  Figured late February was just fine to break out the pastel pretties!!




Unfortunately, I have to use fake flowers in my house, living with 3 cats.  I learned that lesson the hard way...

Front door decor...

Found this little chicken wire cloche at a local antique market, had to have it!!


My faux mantle display...  in the entryway - greeting everyone with some happy things!!

Adore these faux chocolate foil wrapped bunnies...  My kids never fail to ask if they can eat them...  lol...

Spring banner that I made at least 5 years ago... holding up well!!

Dining area decor...



Paid tribute to Dr. Suess on his birthday (March 2nd) with some green eggs and ham for lunch...


Jakob learned how to make Grandma Molly's recipe - he had a ball!!



Finally got around to making my version of Rachel Hall's Happy Home sign that I saw on her blog over 5 years ago...  So happy I did, and made it my own to match my decor... Love personal and homespun type of touches in my house!  It is my firm belief that decorating the way you love doesn't have to cost much, and doesn't always need to come from a store.  I just happen to like this way of decorating, many ladies prefer expensive things...  Not me...









I truly believe that the Lord has called me to be a happy homemaker, wife, and mother.  I do my best with what I've got, so you won't find Pottery Barn or anything else expensive in my home.  Just because I love to have pretty things, doesn't mean that my husband should have to work his butt off to pay for them.  So I get creative, and purchase something every once in a while.  But usually just something to go with things that I already have, that can take my existing stuff up a notch... just the way I like it...
Happy Day everyone!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

You are amazing!!! I am the same way .. nothing pretty or fancy here... but I Don't have anything cool and creative and gorgeous like this either. I wish I had a pretty, decorated home. All I have are pots, pans, and homeschool books decorating my kitchen :( Maybe one day. I would LOVE for my home to look like yours. You are so talented and such a blessing to me!

HUGS!!