Sunday, February 17, 2013

Feeling lovey-dovey....

Actually, I have been feeling very ill these last couple of months and my doctor has figured out that I have an under producing thyroid.  Which means that I have to be on medication for the rest of my life.... Boooooooooo!!!!!  So I am drowning my sorrows in getting crafty and lovey-dovey... Crafting and decorating are my form of therapy... anyone else feel this way???

I decorated for Valentine's Day a little differently this year with these great book page heart garlands.....













We have a sweet heart shaped rock collection....


My love notes :-)

Some close ups of my Love Potion #9 altered jar...


free printable from the internet.....





Some book-page garland... love it!!

altered my chalkboard for Valentine's Day....  





I squeezed in some crafty time and completed this layout using some American Crafts Neapolitan supplies.  I think the colors are amazing in person, hard to translate to photos...  I had a sketch from an Embellished layout from years ago that I wanted to try - but it required lots of stitching... so I hunkered down on the couch with my sweetie and we had a TV night together that was quite productive....











I saw the Valentine's challenges on 2p's, and was inspired to create this heart layout of my sweeties at my daughter's graduation.  I challenged myself to not use any of my go-to supplies (like ribbon and buttons).  I think it turned out great....








I have been reading the book The Power of a Praying Wife, and let me just say..... LIFE CHANGING!  Most things in that book, I think I had already came to terms with on my own at one point or another.  Or at least I knew that things should be a certain way in the eyes of the Lord.  However - reading the words that it is okay to be a certain way (and not be a goody-two shoes wife - or keeping up with the Jones-es wife) is really inspiring.  The reminders in that book are ones that I greatly need, as a wife of 13 years and counting to my sweet hubby.  Marriage is not easy, and having patience and grace with one another is a daily.... wait no.... minute to minute challenge when you factor in health issues, household demands, financial pressures, children, etc.... you know the rest.  Anyway, I have highlighted something on every page of this book so far - and I wish I could remind myself daily of these things.  The biggest things that resonate with me are working on yourself first - praying for yourself to be patient and the type of wife that God wants you to be.  The book talks about submission - and not in a crazy, unhealthy, or kinky way people....  It says, "Submission is something you give from your heart, not something demanded of you".  And "establishing a hedge of protection around your marriage" in the way of your faith and prayer.  This book really has some terrific prayers in it - which is often a challenge for me to find just the right words to convey my true wishes and longings to the Lord...  Anyway, I cannot say enough good about it, highly recommended and I am excited to purchase the other books in the author's series....

 
Hope everyone finds some crafty time and look out Spring - here it comes!!!!!
~HH


1 comment:

Heather said...

OK, once again (as if it would be a surprise not to) you have made my jaw drop to the floor and bust through the concrete slab the house stands on! LOL!!! WOW!!! All of these are stunning, amazing... crafting perfection at it's finest (if that even makes sense! ...) What I am trying to get at is "WOW WOMAN YOU ROCK!!!"
LOVE them all!!!