Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's a digi world, and I'm a digi girl....

Hello crafty ladies!! I am so excited to share a couple of projects that I made this week using some Fresh Brewed Designs images that I received from my dear, dear, dear friend, Heather's shop... did I mention she is an awfully dear friend??? Anyway - she has a wonderful assortment of digi images and I she has branched out and is actually making rubbah stamps out of some of her images... yes.... I said rubbah :-)

This little front door step image is amazing and comes with accessories such as a wreath and topiaries, or just plain... I don't know how she knew this is my exact front porch - but when I saw it - I knew I had to work with it right away...

The first thing that I made is a valentine using the plain image and I designed it to look as if someone had left a box of chocolates on the doorstep... wishful thinking I guess :-)...hint, hint, wink, wink....






































The second thing I made is a small Easter shadow box using the image that is decorated with the front porch accessories... I really don't have much in the way of Easter stuff since our move... and in keeping with my whole homespun theme - I am making what I can for each holiday this year before I buy stuff...


































Lots of Anna Griffin products on this shadow box... I just love the colors in her work - such a great balance of vibrancy paired with pastels... Some of these pieces were from one of her card
kits and some were from the individual banner kits that she offers... and believe it or not - the shadow box itself is leftover packaging from scrap supplies... a set of buttons and paper shapes and such...


I know one or both of these doorstep images will be made into rubber stamps soon if you would like to purchase them in either format, just give her a click. Sometimes it is easier to color images that have been stamped in ink rather than try to color the printed images... but then again... not all of us have an awesome supply of Copics... seething with jealousy here..... someday I will have a whole mess of those... mark my words :-) For now - I just have a few for shading and I used them on my images with some Stampin' Up! markers as well...




Well, I have been organizing in my craft room this week and have some great pics to post for ideas on how to tackle difficult storage for crafty supplies and such... so stay tuned!!
Heart,
Me :-)

4 comments:

Heather said...

WHAT A WAY TO START MY MORNING! For realz girl! I Am LOOOOOooOoooooVING these projects! They are just AWESOME!!!! The Valentine door covered in yummy pink with the hearts and that AWESOME POP OF TEAL with the twine.... Oh you know I love that! *just check out any of the FBD logo stuffs* heheh!! The paper piecing is GORGEOUS!!!

That shadow box is beyond sweet. I love looking at every window. So many lovely things. I want to reach out and touch it. The colors are so springy and sweet. Everything just pops. you have a wonderful way with layering and adding embellies that noone else can do.

Can't wait to show these off!!!

Many many hugs!!!
Heather

Stacy said...

Ummm WOW! I am speechless! These are just amazing! I want my front door to be all dressed up like this one for valentines! I love all the layers and the dimension! When you are finished organizing your craft room can you come do mine?

Sheryl said...

Hi Heather! I have really enjoyed seeing both of your gorgeous projects using Heather's lovely FBD door images! I love that you put a box of candy on the front door step of the card! Brilliant idea! The shadow box is wonderful! I want to peek behind the Easter banner! ;-)
And let me just say.........WOW!
You have a very impressive and organized craft room!
It's been a real pleasure to visit your lovely blog!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

VanessaB said...

WOW is right! your valentine card is so darn creative: i just love love love it. it's so fun! and the easter shadow box is a fun and amazing piece of art! love your work :)