Monday, October 24, 2011

Protesting Turkeys, Birthdays, and Other Stuff...

Well - I am managing this Texas thing better than I thought I was going to - and I am finding more and more time to get crafty... I had purchased the cutest Turkey image last November from a dear friend's site - Fresh Brewed Designs and I have finally had time before Thanksgiving to play with it and make this card... I did a lot of paper piecing with this one and colored with markers as well. I don't have more than a couple of Copics - so it is hard for me to pull off coloring - but I made it work okay... Since this is a digi image - it was hard for me to keep the ink from my printer from bleeding in... I decided as soon as I saw this guy - that he looked like he was on a coffee break - and then I thought of the "eat chicken" theme and went all out. I am not sure if I am going to send this one out as I had originally planned - he is just too cute :-) tough decision!!!
































Here is a peek of my holiday decorating for Halloween... my entryway and laundry room here in Texas... it's still weird for me to say Texas... but it has finally cooled off here to below 90 some days - so I consider this a blessing and at least bearable for every day life. And yes, I said laundry room... I even decorate there too :-)































































Look who turned 9!!!! Seriously!!!! 9?!?!?! My twin baby boys are growing so fast! They had a super party at our local pizza buffet/ video gamery joint. Complete with face painting and prizes - it was a fantastic night! This is the first year that any kids invited from class even showed up - so we were so grateful to have our friends there to celebrate with!!










































As soon as the Halloween decor comes down, I will be going all out Fall in here... and I am finishing up some home decor projects that I can share soon as well... Funny how I hate to decorate - but I keep messing with this house trying to get it to look better and more "me"... Its hard to go from an 80 year old cottage home to a dated tiled floored debacle we now call home. But I am bound and determined to make it look fabulous!! And I will! Blessings and hugs to all!!

6 comments:

JustYolie said...

Love the turkey card! Oh boy! Your decorating is amazing!

VanessaB said...

wowee you are one talented lady! love your tom turkey card and your deco is AMAZING!

Celeste said...

Love your turkey card... Love all of your wonderful projects.

Heather said...

This card flat out ROCKS my friend! WOWZA!!! LOVE the colors, paper piecing and amazing stitching. The protest sign is sooo cool and Tom is looking pretty confident in his decision to do this. He has is cuppa in hand and is ready to send the chickens off to their doom :D lol!!!

Thanks for letting me showcase this gorgeous card. I love ya!

Heather

Laurel said...

This card is amazing! First off, the fact that your image was a digi image is awesome. I always struggle with those. Look at all that wonderful paper piecing and stitching! Hello! AMAZING! I am so glad you played along with us at Lawnscaping! Now maybe you can come over and decorate my house for the holidays, lol!

melania deasy said...

The Turkey is soooo cute and fantastic, Love it!! The decorating Halloween so AWESOME. Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping, can't wait to see more from you :)