Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday Cheer...

Things get so hectic this time of year, but I have had a tiny bit of time to be crafty... Just wanted to share a few photos of some decorating and projects I have snuck in... We are in a new house this year so it took some time getting used to decorating... Well - a new to us - but very vintage home... 1938 to be exact :-)









Hung different sized wreaths from simple red velvet ribbon in my kitchen window. I will probably put a valence or something up later...



















Worked with my exiting holiday decor - but I don't have toooo much vintage stuff so I just made it work...





















Nothing says vintage Xmas like Grandma's ornaments and snow globes :-)


























We went into the mountains for our tree this year - so it isn't quite a perfect shape. But it was 12 feet tall... I just put as many ornaments on it as I could :-)









Brought out my red and white for Xmas in the kitchen too...














Made a vintage style doily garland/ banner for the kitchen as well.













Here's where it ended up... in the window seat :-) It was too heavy to actually hang anywhere...



















I love the K&Co. vintage holiday goodies... Can believe that I have actually resorted to buying my scrap goodies at Safeway now? There isn't really anywhere else to shop for crafts here in our new town :-)











I love the glitter and houndstooth... I wish it was Christmas all year :-)







Okay - I am off to make holiday cards now. I am thinking I will go with cutesy instead of elaborate this year since I always have to make so many... Happy Holidays!
Looking back at the Thanksgiving table setting I made this year, I am glad that we will be visiting family for Christmas. I stayed up all night making that silly corn husk & burlap table cloth! It will be nice to relax and let someone else do the cooking for Christmas :-)

No comments: