Friday, November 12, 2010

It's almost here...

Here's a sweet card that I made for my daughter's 18th birthday... I used an awesome digi image from a dear friend's own hands... Heather has blossomed over the years as a paper crafter - and now she has her own digi shop and rubber stamps... Wow - I am so proud of her.... You can check out her shop here - http://www.freshbreweddesigns.com/





















I love her playful style - and I couldn't be happier than to use her image on Jessa's 18th birthday card....




Well, it's almost here.... the day I have been dreading since she was born... yes - my darling first born daughter is turning 18 years old tomorrow. I say "dreading" because every parent knows that adult life is scary and as her mom - I am happy and scared at the same time... What a weird feeling... As I look back on the memories over the years - I can't help but still think of her as a little girl. Where does the time go??? These are the ones that stick out the most to me...





When you were born - you used to have a bit of blond mixed into the mountain of hair on top of your head. People actually asked me if I had "frosted" your hair... really?!?! I know I was young - but I wasn't stupid :-)





















Your first real Christmas - you were the center of attention all day long (and of course you liked it). Which is still the case today :-)
























Leaving you at daycare every day - it tore my heart in two... Not you... You loved every minute of it - and waved goodbye confidently every day to flutter off and be the social butterfly of the group... I was just chopped liver at that point...






















Your first "big girl" haircut - it turned out great! I hate to say it - but I was glad to see that long hair go - so we didn't have to keep it untangled and looking nice... Now - all you want to do is grow your hair long :-)





















Your first bicycle from Santa - oh how you shined.... ("shined" me on of course - since you already knew about "Santa" but hadn't told me yet :-).....






















The birth of your twin brothers after being an only child for 10 years - you were so excited! (Until you dropped one of them on the floor and cried so hard and said you were "never going to hold them again!".... which of course you did :-)....
















Your first serious boyfriend. The love and the pain this relationship brought into your life has changed you forever. Looking back - you can see that it has made you a stronger person. He may have been the first - but he won't be the last. Just trust your heart babe - even if you think you might get hurt again. Sometimes the love you get is worth the risk :-)





































All the dance lessons, the sports, the braces, school dances, makeup, driving, and everything else in between - well it's just hard for me to believe that you are on your own now. Please remember that you are truly never "on your own". Your family and God love you and we all can't wait to see what your life becomes. The choices are yours, and above all - be happy in life and true to yourself - and you can't go wrong sweetie.... I love you!!! You know I have to throw in a few words of "wisdom":
1. Macaroni and Cheese is a very flexible food. Practically anything can be mixed in :-) practically....

2. "Remember dear - your teeth are not tools. Especially ones that cost $10K like yours..." Now I have said that for the 101th time...

3. An oven can be used to store dirty dishes in a pinch when company comes over (since I know you will never do your dishes)... Just remember to take them out before cooking up your addiction of cookie dough :-)

4. No, dollar store shampoo is not the same as other shampoos... as evidenced by your split ends and unrelenting frizz :-) Mommy will buy you nice shampoo if you need it :-)

5. Do not accept rides from strangers... yes - this one still applies - and will probably apply until you are in a nursing home girl!

6. Make friends and influence people... in a good way of course :-)
7. Only ask for money if you really need it - but if you really need money - then ask for it :-)

8. Be the best woman you can be, and find yourself the best man you can find.

9. Do your homework, wash your sheets, and call your mother :-)

10. Have fun!



~Mom

4 comments:

Heather said...

OK .. I am bawling like a baby over here. your daughter is so beautiful and so sweet... and your post is just ... soo.. full of love and I am just an emotional wreck. Thank you for reminding me to chill. To enjoy the moments... even if it is a fight over clothes or something silly. To enjoy every moment God has blessed me with with my children and to cherish them with all I have inside of me. I do... but needed this reminder of how fast time flies. What a wonderful and beautiful post. I intended to comment about the sweet and adorable card that only you could make with all your fun touches and unique style... but everything else won! Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter and to you mama... happy birthday to you. This is a day you will never forget... many days you will never forget and know you are truly an amazing mother. one in a million! HUGS=!

Hestia's Helper said...

Oh My Gosh! I don't even know you and the tears are pouring down my face!
Heather (from Fresh Brewed) featured your card on her blog and I followed the link to find you!
What a touching tribute to 18 years!!

Stacy said...

{{{sniff}}}} being a recent empty nester with two daughters leaving the house within 2 years, I too am bawling like a baby!!!! This post has to be the sweetest gift you could ever give your daughter. I am sure she will cherish these words her entire life! I popped in to see your card never expecting to get so caught up. I believe I have just become addicted! I will be back often now! Wether you want me to or not, LOL! God is surely smiling down today on such a loving parent!
Blessings to you and your daughter!
Hugs,
Stacy

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and aspirations for your daughter - and wishing her a very Happy Birthday x