Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Quick Card...

Don't you hate it when you are baking a cake at 10:00 PM and you only have enough frosting to frost half of it?? Do you present the cake half frosted and say, "Happy Birthday!?"... No you do not... you run to the 7-11 - only to find they have no chocolate frosting... knowing it is too late to try a different sort of frosting since you have used an entire can on it already, you head to the Fred Meyer's which is open until 11:00 PM..... Which leads me to the 15 minutes I ended up having leftover to make this card... I really wanted to try the old "put real candles on the card" trick... but I didn't have any that weren't numbers... so I just used paper instead... This is a pretty common card - candles on the front... not my design necessarily but a quick option since I could not find any of my stinkin' birthday stamps in my hurry...
















I always turn to simple layouts when I need a card in a hurry, and online sketches can also help in a pinch... If I had time, I would have either stamped a pattern on the candles, or ran them through my crimper for added texure. I also would have continued the stitching theme throughout the card - but this is what you get with 15 minutes and a bunch of patterned paper...
~He@ther

1 comment:

Heather said...

OK, so HOW cute is THis?!?! I LOVE the candles! Brilliant idea! And the gorgeous colors. I wish I was as quick witted as you in such a rush. ;) I also love your post... half frosted cake.. I have almost done that before!lol!!1
Hugs!!!