Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A year in pictures....

I can't believe it has been over a year since I last blogged. I have had many life changes in the last year or so - haven't we all?? Anyway - I have taken a full time job, worked crazy hours, quit the job, had family move in, have them move out, had the swine flu, home schooled my high school senior's last term of school, taken in 3 stray kittens, taken a new part time job, volunteered at the boy's school, been without a car quite a bit due to mechanical problems, had my fridge die, had my clothes dryer die, had my high school senior graduate, broke down on the freeway, lost 20 lbs, gained 10 lbs, and much much more.....

But - there have also been lots of great things happen in our lives this past year. Here is a collection of pictures of events and projects that have taken me away from blogging...












We played in the snow....











We learned to ride our bikes!!














We tried martial arts and loved it!!























We went bowling with far away friends!!





















I finally scrapped Kindergarten memories (not too far behind since we were only in 1st grade this year)....














We baked special Valentine's treats for our teachers....




















We made special Valentine gifts for daddy's desk at work...


































We took senior pictures...
My daughter is in the blue sweater, her friend Sara is in the purple tank top... I got lots of experience in photography with these shoots - it was fun!!






















We explored the inside of a fire truck...















Sam played flag football for the first time. Even though he was the smallest on the team - he loved it!!

























We ate cake.... lots of cake!!!

















Had a field trip to the zoo in the rain....































I made a special banner for my mom to display on Mother's Day. This banner is my take on Melissa Phillips Love banner from long ago...


































We caught fish... Lots of fish!!!







We had a senior prom.... My girl is in the coral dress... isn't she beautiful??!!





























My daughter Jess graduated High School!!! We are so happy for her to start her journey into the world as an adult. Congrats baby!!























I scrapped this page... This is my baby girl 17 years ago, circa 1992...










































We watched a parade....








And that's most of it anyway!! I hope you all had some wonderful memories from the past year and took lots of pictures to scrapbook!

4 comments:

Jessabells said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. I too take big breaks. It is hard to sometimes come up with things to post when you are so busy living life.

Jessica

Amy said...

Welcome back Heather!! So far...a FANTASTIC year I would say!! Good reason not to blog anyways!! Keep up the good life chickadee!!

Christina said...

Your daughter is so beautiful! And she looks JUST like you!! I love the photo you took of her by the bridge - beautiful!

Heather said...

Beautiful post. Made me smile, laugh, sigh, hungry ... and of course cry! Will you look at that amazing love filled scrap page of you and your daughter? I am beyond words and so emotional. my heart is full of happiness for you. May God continue to bless you.