Sunday, January 4, 2009

Separating the twins...

I don't always have pics of the twins together to scrap - in fact it is rare that they are both looking at the camera at the same time :-) I think it is important to treat them as individuals - not as one entity. I took Jakob with me by himself last week to do some shopping - and all he could say all day was, "Oh boy - too bad Sam's not here to see this - it's too bad he is missing this...". He is so dedicated to his brother that he started getting sad that Sam wasn't there with us to see everything that day. He is just toooo sweet... But I do scrapbook separate pages of the boys and I have had this great pic of Sammie since last soccer season. This Pencil lines sketch was the perfect layout to showcase his smiling face.





























I used some old Wild Asparagus papers and added some hand stitching to make it as "manly" as possible. I tend to buy mostly feminine scrapbooking products even though 66% of my children are male :-) I am a real sucker for flowers or polka dots. But I added to the masculinity with some edge distressing and inking.

So I am still organizing my scrap studio - but here are some recent pics of more of my storage options. I have reorganized my desk area - giving me more space to scrap. I am getting better at not spreading everything around the room now :-)






I moved an old hutch from upstairs down to my desk area. It is not as deep as the setup I had there before so it gives me more vertical storage and more desk space....










I grabbed some vintage wooden spools at my favorite antique mall downtown. I was lucky enough to get a few hours out of the house by myself while my hubby was on vacation.... They work well for my scraps of ribbon that are less than a yard.









I used to collect vintage molds when I was in to soap making - but now they are just used as containers for organization.







I am still using my old muffin pans to hold misc loose embellishments. They stack nicely inside my drawer - and these were retired after much use :-) What can I say, my children are addicted to my banana chocolate chip muffins...













Finally got my trims sorted and organized in these small containers. The slots are perfect for organizing a lot of different things - and I like having my trims sorted by color... These are just the cheap sectioned containers from Target - but I think they have them other places as well...


















I recycled my kids crayola art box for my chipboard alphas. Lots of people break up their sets and store them by letter - but I just don't feel organized if the sets aren't together. The snap and lock system on the right was purchased at Costco...










I am still using my Goodwill finds to store my paint, stickles, and misc desk objects. I also save every last bit of my dimensionals for projects...
I am getting ready to add another tier to my lamp shade clip it - so I'll post that whenever it is finished...
Happy organizing and crafting to all!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Beate said...

Come to my house and organize me next! Love all your vintage-y goodness!

Christina said...

Wow, you must be a Capricorn - look at all that lovely organization! I love the wooden spools. I need to check out the local shops more often!

Leon Basin said...

How cute! How are you doing?

Kara Ward said...

Come to my studio....I NEED YOU! It all looks so inviting! Kara

MamaCass07 said...

Girl, I LOVE your style. I LOVE your ideas! You are so creative! Your room looks like an AWESOME craft store! You are SO my hero!

cloudofdreams said...

Oh my goodness you are so organized!! My crafty area is always a BIG mess!!