Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Like mother, like sons...

Sometimes I don't realize what a crafty influence I have on my twin boys until things like Valentine's day comes along... I gave them the choice to purchase any of the Super Hero Valentines from the store, or getting down to crafting them ourselves at home. To my surprise, they both headed straight to my supplies and started picking out colors, punches, and misc embellishments to use. It was really fun to see them using crafty techniques themselves like "Rock and Rolling" their punches in colored ink, and matting shapes with larger ones behind. Sam even got out the templates, traced some images, and then filled them in with foam hearts.


































When did my boys grow into having big boy hands? No longer chubby little toddler hands... This picture says a lot to me as a mother, my babies are growing up so fast!!












Can you believe it? I actually let the boys use my brand new/ right out of the package Heart to Heart punch from SU. (But you know I'm not letting them anywhere near my ink pads :-)























I was able to snap this gorgeous photo just as the sun was setting and reflecting off of the mirror... One for the scrap page for sure:















Please excuse the horrible outfits today. These are actually beach wetsuits that the boys won't let me get rid of even though they have had them since they were 2 years old... You don't even want to see the pictures of the "whole outfit" - it isn't pretty if you know what I mean. I am going to have to throw them in the give away bags while they are asleep or something...



Here are some shots of another banner that I made this week. I started with a round die cut from the Making Memories Spring Banner kit - and added the pennants, pleated some streamers, buttons, etc...























































A card that I made for Chelsea's newest arrival - Charlotte is finally here!! And - I must say - she is absolutely perfect in every way!! Congrats Chelsea and Christian!! I used a pattern from the demo site for this card and free hand cut it out. Still no Cricut here :-)






































And some Macro shots from the week....




































Some nifty new books from the Goodwill store... All were over 20 bucks originally and I only paid $2.99 for each one... Some pretty goodies in there too.... Couldn't get this one to focus in manual so I had to use high Iso mode - which turned it a bit yellow... sorry :-)


The others that I tried turned out totally yucky... It is hard for me to focus my camera if I get the image in full frame - still learning here....


I hope the rest of your week goes well and I hope you get a chance to make something pretty...

Hugs!!!


8 comments:

Christina said...

The pictures look great - what camera are you using? I wonder if Brice will pick up on my crafting? It'd be fun to have him say "hey mom lets make this..." :)

Heather said...

I love this!!! My son and daughter hang on to clothes like that. The funny thing is, TR has a wetsuit thing that you speak of .. and it is the same way. not a pretty picture, lol! I know what you mean !!! lol!!! They look so cute making their valentines and I can imagine the fun you all had together.
I cant wait to see what you make with your new stuff and your banner is perfectly soft, sweet and gorgeous!!!

Beate said...

Heather! Your boys are so cute crafting like their Mama! LOL When I let Noah scrap with me he always inks the edges of his paper. Kevin just eats the stamp pads, but oh well!
The banner blows me away! It's gorgeous! And the card is so sweet!
You are one crafty Mama!

Beate said...

Heather check my blog out. I have something for you there.

Jessica said...

I love that you are rubbing off on your boys! They grow so fast, I too can't believe how big Jackson is getting.

I LOVE YOUR STREAMERS!!! They are pure eye candy and it makes me happy just looking at them!

Kara Ward said...

Your kiddos are so darn cute...Sutton is making butterfly sucker Valentines. Our home is covered in his glitter trail. I am loving that banner you made! The colors are 100% me! Take care, Kara

Ann said...

Your banners are beautiful!!

MamaCass07 said...

Awe. =0( I am so not looking forward to my lil man growing out of his chubby hands, but every day I look at him and he is already taller, the toddler chub is leaving his cheeks....

What a great job you did to influence your boys to use their imaginations. Noah colors and plays with stickers and paints and chalks ALL day if I let him! I am so proud of him!