Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Hello Hello... Happy New Year to everyone - I hope it is the best yet.... I was finally able to visit my hometown of Eugene, Oregon this week to share the holiday with my family. While I was there, I was able to make a stop to the Fifth Street Public Market. This is an eclectic little shopping center that just happens to be the home of one of my favorite stores ever, Mindy's Needlepoint Factory. This store is a scrapbookers dream - wall to wall ribbon, trims, threads, buttons, wools..... Your heart will seriously skip a beat if you visit - and my pics really don't do it justice. But here are some of the pretties they have there....






































































We also visited the fountain, the candy store, and some kitchen supply stores....



























































































And of course - I was scrapping into the late hours tonight staying up to ring in the new year... I finally used my Sassafras Lass papers. After searching the internet for ideas - I finally made this page. This paper was a bit of a challenge to work with - and most people that used this particular paper cut it apart. So piecing it really helped...







































I hope 2009 is a good year for everyone!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for visiting....

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh My WOW!!!!! That is about all I can say! I LOVE your blog! I love you more :o), but I love your blog!!! :) The ribbon store looks amazing!!! I never buy ribbon because I am so SO bad at matching! I will be addicted one day I am sure. The candy store looks and sounds so fun. Last but not least .. the LO pg is B~E~A~U~T~I~F~U~L!!! i LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!
Hope you have a happy 2009 and the new Year brings you great things!

Marie said...

Happy New Year! Great to see you had a great Christmas. Have you heard the news? Well, hop on over to my blog and see what I'm talking about. It's about stamps sets that got released, and I designed one of them! whoo!

Jessica said...

WOW! I totally need to visit that store since it's only 45 minutes away... Love the page!!!! Happy 2009 to you!

I'm finally hitting Ikea in Portland tomorrow. I've never been there.

ivwhy said...

i LOVE that line of scrap paper (although no where near me sells it :-( that layout looks FAB!!

wow, i can spend hours & hundreds of dollars in that store with all the ribbon! lots to look at!

glad you guys got to go somewhere!

happy new year!