Sunday, January 11, 2009

Feeling piecey...

Oh how I hit the jackpot this week with vintage goodies (well - the crafters jackpot anyway :-). I was able to pick up some great notecards and file folders at just a few dollars - believe it or not - I found them at Ross Dress for Less... I think Ross and Tuesday Morning actually have the best selection of feminine stuff like fabric covered boxes, file folders, and desk stuff like that...

So I knew as soon as I saw these that they would be perfect for cutting and piecing - but I really liked the background as well. So - I just pieced it onto itself to create dimension. I added a sash with a sentiment and lots of glitter... This one is on it's way out to an awesome girl as a Thank You... I have a few more thank you's to send out - so please be patient with me ladies :-)






Just a plain notecard but I love the vintage feel...

















After.....























Okay - so I really fell in love with these file folders at first sight. I found them like 10 feet in the door - and held onto them during my entire shopping trip... But - I just knew exactly what I would create with them and I was instantly excited. I think it actually turned out way better than I could have imagined...
Before -




outside....











inside...










After - I decided to go with a 360 degrees type of file folder album - and in the end - I really don't know which side I like better :-)




















































































































So don't forget to keep an eye out for beautiful things like these while you are out and about. Even though most of the work is done for you - you can still make it even more beautiful....


Happy Monday!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

ivwhy said...

great projects! you are the queen of altering!

Beate said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Heather, they are so lovely! Everyone bow to the queen :) Your daughter looks so beautiful in those pics!

Christina said...

I love the butterfly piece!

Marie said...

Wow! I gasped on the butterfly project! Great job! You have a great eye for beautiful things. Hugs, Marie.

Kara Ward said...

Love it! You are just so darn clever! Your photography looks amazing...way to go! Kara

Jessica said...

I was just looking through your posts and saw my beautiful thank you card! I have it displayed on a special card holder right next to my computer. I love it, really really love it! What a piece of art!! Thank you!