Friday, December 5, 2008

Stocking Stuffers from your scraps...

I have been collecting these ideas for a while from my fellow demonstrators out there - and I was finally able to execute them for myself... I will feature them in an upcoming class on Friday the 12th - so shoot me an email if you would like to join in the fun...

I was able to create these cute punched pals from my SU! punches and my scraps of cardstock. Arent' they the cutest??


















Here's a list of the punches that I used - all by Stampin' Up!:

Large Oval, Wide Oval, Small Oval
Circles - 1 3/8, 1 1/4, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4
Scalloped circle
Trio Flower
5 point flower
Word Window (You can also cut straight accross on a scallop to accomplish this one)

That's it! I just punched away and adhered. I was lucky enough to have examples to follow provided by my fellow demonstrators - but let's see what you guys can come up with :-) Once the candy bars are eaten, these pieces will make excellent additions to any winter themed scrapbook page :-)




Here is a quick card that I made yesterday thanking my aunt for all of the kids' Birthday money that she sent. If any of you know me personally - you know how I believe the color purple was put on this earth to be my personal nemesis. I can't make a card that I like with purple for anything!! But - this one is close. I think the issue is that there are so many ranges of purple from warm to cool - and I don't really own anything that matches hues correctly. So whenever I go to put everything together - it just doesn't look right to me... Oh well - the card is simple and elegant - so mission accomplished....


I wasn't happy with the starkness of the image on the white paper, so I traced over it with a Copic Marker in Warm Gray No. 1. I also gave the edges a little trace as well. In person, you can see it much better - but it is really a nice effect.
Thanks for visiting - and have a happy, crafty weekend!!

No comments: