Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snowed in...





















Ahhh - the lovely fresh snow outside has made it impossible for me to get anything done outside the house. Bummer - I guess I'll have to go craft crazy instead.... teehee... It snowed all day and we are up to about 7 inches now tonight. Not as bad as other areas in the country right now - but still cold and yucky just the same...



Well - I have been wanting to alter some items to match the theme of my red craft studio - so I have been covering some things with paper and such...




Here - I took some crappy old nesting boxes that I got from freecycle - and made it into vertical storage for my yarn....







































Okay - I have this hideous decorative thing that goes outside in the spring sometimes - well - hardly ever because it is so ugly... But - I figure it will be a great place for my crafty lady friends to place their payments when they come over for classes... So - I uglied it up a bit more - only in a red theme....






























Okay - a storage box from Goodwill in an old world theme. Normally not a problem - but I wanted it to match the room - so I covered it with some Wild Asparagus papers... This one was hard to cover due to the fact that I couldn't remove the faux leather pieces because of the grommets - so I had to use a border of red cardstock to make up the difference...
























Cupcakes anyone? I crocheted this cupcake pin cushion for my husbands Grandma who is a quilter. I plan to make her a set - but we'll see if I get them all done before Xmas.... I actually finished this one a month ago - but I recently got some good ideas on how to jazz it up from crafty gal Kara's blog (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jXzwspOlTpY/SSGf7-NdkhI/AAAAAAAAEhE/xktDVlUVaPQ/s1600-h/13.jpg )












































I was able to attend a class where we made this Podium style scrapbook from Club Scrap. It stands up freely on my mantle so people can flip through it easily - it is pretty cute - and useful... It is only half full right now though - on my to do list...



































































































Present for the sister - for her "furry child". I put Crystal Effects over the embies on the front because it will be for her to keep in her purse. This one took me quite a while though because it was originally a Wiggles Alphabet book - with 24 stinkin' pages.... That is a lot of covering, painting, and filing... I am leaving the pages plain with just the patterned paper because it only measures 3x3 and I want her to have enough room to put decent sized photos in there - not have to trim them down to micro size.....




























Well - I hope your to do lists are widdling down and your holiday spirit is high. Tomorrow, the boys have chosen to bake cookies "for Jesus because his birthday is coming up". They say, "There's only two things I like about Christmas. Getting presents and Jesus' birthday!".... So sweet - I am so glad they remember the important things :-)

6 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

Youve made some gorgoeus things there Heather :)

And the photographs are fabulous :)

Enjoy your crafting time :)

Marie said...

Gorgeous projects! I really love your idea with the yarn. I have tubs of yarn in an array of disorganized mess. Really hard to find what I'm looking this time of the year. I'll be offline for about a week. Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

OH HEATHER WOW!!! First off the pics of the boys in the snw are SO SWEET!!!
Icant choose one to start with so I will speak of all of your projects as a whole ... YOU are amazing!!!!!!!! YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR TALENT AND SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD!!! Really ~ you are the most talented and sweet and awesome gal out there. LOVE them all. Beautiful, sweet, cute, perfect! MWah! LOve ya!
I hope you guys have a blessed Christmas.

Lisa M. said...

These are amazing projects! I am in awe of your creativity!!! I figured you had a lot of snow. Mom and Dad got hammered in Washougal last night. They have a woodstove, so they are staying quite toasty.

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness! They are amzing projects!!! I love them all!!! You are so lucky with all that snow, it totally missed us!

Rosie said...

If you are stuck at home in the snow, why not do some projects, right? I love them all! I absolutely LOVE the cupcake pin cushion! I so need a pin cushion! I have all my pins and needles stuck to cardboard or in the plastic they came in! It's so adorable! Wanna make me one? LOL!