Saturday, December 6, 2008

Quick and Easy gift idea...

Hello Hello! I went to a class tonight that I thought I would share with you. We made this great make and take Candy Dish from Cardstock. It turned out pretty cute - and I'll probably make several of them for gifts... You can fill them with cookies, ornaments, candy, whatever you like! Here are the instructions that I received from the class:















Materials -
  • 1 sheet 12x12 cardstock
  • 9 squares of patterned paper cut to 3 3/4 squares, with 4 of these being cut in half again on the diagonal to form triangles.
  • Scoring tools
  • Metal loose leaf ring, as large in diameter as possible
  • hole punch


Directions:

1. Score the length of the 12s12 sheet of cardstock at 4" and 8", turn 90 degrees and do the same thing again. The score marks create a grid of 9 squares.


2. On the 4 corner squares only, score a diagonal line from the outer corner to the inner corner, now you have formed two triangles from these squares. (Do not extend this line through the center square - only the outer 4).


3. Fold on all score lines and crease them towards the center. (The diagonal folds in the corner squares will be "mountain folds, and the horizontal and vertical folds will be valley folds.)


4. Center and adhere your cut patterned paper triangles to the inside of the triangle folds in the four corners of the paper. Center and adhere the squares to the remaining 5 squares on the inside. You can repeat this process on the outside of the dish if you wish as well.


5. Punch holes in the 4 corners of the cardstock by pinching together the two folded halves of the 4 corner squares. (I used my Cropodile which worked well).


6. Insert the metal loose leaf ring through the 8 holes and tie ribbons around the ring if desired.


Note - you could start with a smaller paper size to create a smaller version of this bowl that would be great for centerpieces, place cards, etc.
(Original class taught by Susan Mast....)

Here are some helpful pictures of this project....



Have fun and post links if you make your own :-) I would love to see different variations of this project...

3 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Wow! I am just amazed at your creativity! The things you come up with...well, they put anything I make to shame!
Have a great weekend!

Kara Ward said...

This is so cute...love the idea. I am glad to see you are posting. I have taken a break. I got sick for the holidays...YUCK! Kara

Callie Michelle said...

I love this! I'm going to try to whip one up tonight! I'll let you know if I get it done! Thanks for sharing!!