Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lots to catch up on...

Wow, has it been a month already? Been having trouble with browsers and posting, so I just gave up until my hubby could fix things... But I am back with a vengeance... teehee... Here is what I have been up to lately -


Cooking up a storm for Thanksgiving day. I was so blessed to have my husband and all three of my children at home for our meal this year. It has been so long that I haven't had to share my daughter with her father and that my husband wasn't working on the holiday....






Me slaving away in my tiny kitchen for 4 hours, just so we could all eat our meal in about 10 minutes flat... Hallelujah for leftovers :-)











I set the table as festively as I could - it was a busy day and I don't really have a plethora of Turkey day decorations. I did have time to make place cards out of my scrapbook scraps though - they were cute!!






One of my place cards for the table setting, they were all different but I didn't get all of them photographed...












I like to make sour cream biscuits and a green beans and potato casserole instead of the traditional mashed potatoes and rolls. I think it brings a little something special to the meal - plus it makes for a super awesome turkey pot pie later in the week...









This was the tenderest and juiciest turkey I have ever cooked. My hubby helped me to brine it. This process was rather time consuming - but I highly recommend it if you can swing it. It was completely tasty - and the drippings were just the right blend of saltiness for a tasty gravy... mmmmm, can't wait for Christmas dinner now...










I have hosted 3 holiday card classes and a workshop - so not much crafting going on. But I have had a chance to make these Holiday cards -








One version of a holiday card I will send out this year. I love the monochromatic look with the pearls.... tah dah :-)












These are cases of Alex M's apple cards from earlier in the year. I just made them a little Xmasy for the teachers holiday gifts I will give them...







Trying out a little Baroque Motifs for the holidays. It's not traditionally a holiday set, but I think it lends a little formality...











A baby card with a retired SU image... it was a cute one - too bad it didn't make it into the catty...




An RAK for a friend - who just happens to have the bestest name in the whole world... Heather :-) Love ya girly!!




Here is what I found my twin boys up to when I tried to sneak in a shower at like 3:00 in the afternoon... They had grabbed every blanket and pillow in the house and threw them on the floor. After a sneaky little jump off the couch fest, they were so famished that they had to sneak chocolate chip granola bars and cartoons in too. Yah, I wanted to wash every single blanket in the house anyway.... not..... the little turkey's, gobble gobble....
I hope you and your loved ones had a lovely holiday, and now on to the next big one...

2 comments:

Marie said...

Very nice to see an assortment of pictures from your holidays. I love your place setting. Very home-y and non-formal (which I like the best). Ours was not formal this year either since it was only four of us including the baby. I'm not much on cafemom anymore. So, if you need to get a hold of me, shoot me an email or blog comment. Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Hugs, Marie.

Jessica said...

How did I miss this post?? SO cute! I love the one of you in the kitchen! So glad you're back, I love your blog!