Monday, December 15, 2008

Lollipop Lollipop oh lolli lolli lolli......

Man oh man did a lot of effort go in to actually getting this page accomplished... I have had these lollipop themed pics on the PC forever and a day (okay - just since Halloween) - but still - I am trying to scrap current and catch up at the same time... Okay - so I was a good girl and sent the pics to Walgreens dot com photo printing last night so that I could pic them up today. Well - then I got lazy and didn't actually get ready to leave the house until the afternoon. Hmmm - upon trying to leave to pick them up - there was a strange white powder whirling around the air.... It was snowing - ughhhh - I totally hate snow. Probably because I am a really bad driver in any kind of inclement weather conditions. This probably stems from the fact that my parents would never let me drive in the snow because it was "too dangerous" rather than actually teach me how. There were many a snowy Friday game days where I could be found walking to school in my Cheerleader uniform with long johns underneath..... freezing my butt off of course...

Okay - so yes - I actually made it to the Walgreens - car and family in one piece. My boys of course had to remember that Walgreens is actually a great place to find Backugan Battlebrawlers when they can't be found anywhere else. So since I was going to pick them up for stockings anyway - I decided - sure - go ahead and pick them out yourself. Upon paying for the photos and Backugan figures at the photo counter - I realized that I had left my wallet near the computer at home when I was paying bills online. Crap!! So - yes - I went home and got it and came back for the whole lot. Yes - still snowing (yuck!).

Okay - photos - check. Sketch and Paper - check. Embellishments to match my theme - NO check. Hmmm - what in the world am I going to do to make a lollipop themed page with no lolli's... So I had to make them myself with stamps and punches. And of course - I added some bling even though it is a boys page. Everything could use a little bling in my opinion....

Well - I hope you can see how you can make embies to match your theme even if you don't have any premade ones. I used SU! stamps and these SU! punches: Word Window, Scallop Circle, 1" circle, 3/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle, 1/16th hole punch, and scallop border. Big Thanks to GS ladies for offering a free mini class this month - I completely loved this sketch :-)





Add Image










































Happy Monday everyone - here's to a great week!!




2 comments:

Beate said...

So SWEET. Sorry, too punny? Very lovely Heather :)

ivwhy said...

cute page! love the lollipops!!