Friday, December 26, 2008

The Goodies and The Happy Dance...

First off - let me just say that if I sound a bit crazy in this post - it is only because I have been cooped up in the house for the most part of a week due to the snow. I was, however, able to make a quick trip to the Safeway - and there just happens to be a Hancock Fabrics store next door. And - Hancock Fabrics just happened to be having a 75% off "holiday" goodies - which did include some pieces of my favorite brand of goodies - KandCo!!! Oh yah - go me - it's my birthday... Well, not really my birthday - but can you see me doing the happy dance right now? I got all these goodies for $11 something including tax!! Ahhhh - shopping therapy for stir crazy mama stuck in crafty basement due to extreme weather conditions... good....































































Aren't they yummy? KandCo is one of my favorite lines ever! Mostly because everything that they have coordinates so well - and most of the work is already done for you. Don't get me wrong - I love me a good altering session where paint, chipboard, and the scissors are flying. But sometimes - you just really want a little special touch without tons of effort - and they never let me down :-) I don't have the matching papers to these new goodies right now - but I am going to go through my existing supply and try to match them up. Do you think the pink ones will go well with pics of the boys in pajamas opening presents like the Clone Trooper video games and such?! teehee - but does that really matter to me?? naw.......


I got started with another Page map and made this cute page about my DD when she got a new bike from Santa. Again - sorry for the crappy pics. I didn't start scrapping until the twins were born = so I feel it is only fair to go back to my "prescrapbooking era" pictures and get in some memories for her too...

It is all about her "happy dance". Oh man - was she the queen of that one!!!!!



I love how I actually got all these shots of her progressively being surprised, opening the package, and then jumping for joy. See - there was always a little photographer slash scrapbooker inside me even when I had a crappy little point and shooter...













































Let me say that I am not doing the happy dance about how this title turned out... But when I practiced outlining these Thickers - it just looked so un-clean compared to
the rest of the page that has more clean lines. And on top of that - these (&^%#@$!) Thickers are the vinyl ones -which means that most pens bead up on them or turn a bluish black - so I had to use paint dots instead. But - it is the memory that counts for this one - and my DD loved it - so okey dokey then...



Well - I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day today. I know Santa did - just look at all the goodies that the boys left for him... Handmade cards, snowflakes, stickered up letters, and cookies from the toaster oven... So Santa tried to eat all the cookies and got to feeling sick (at midnight of course) before she remembered that she could just feed them to the dogs to get rid of the evidence... But "she" is feeling better now :-) Happy Holidays to all!!!


In case you are wondering what the note read - it said, "Enjoy your cookies and please don't leave us coal!" (Which my speech challenged twins pronounce as "cold"). They had many conversations about whether they thought Santa has been watching them when they fight with one another or have bad manners and they were seriously concerned about getting "cold" from him... Oh man - am I gonna miss this charade in a couple of years - it has been super leverage for good behavior for 6 years and running....

3 comments:

Christina said...

Isn't this snow something else? I've been stuck at my moms in Ridgefield...but got my brother to drive me home and I can't believe all the snow we have. West of I-5 is definitely the worst of it (we made our way to Battle Ground last night). I can't wait for Brice to be older and into Santa. My girlfriend just has to say to her 10 year old daughter "Santa's watching" and she quickly behaves. That just cracks me up. I'm going to have to go to Hancock and check out the sales! Happy Holidays!

Rosie said...

Stuck in the snow...if only we had that problem here. When finally did get a good snowfall it rained 2days later and washed it all away. Left everything icy. I love how your page turned out! I didn't get any pictures of the kids opening presents this year. I was so busy trying to keep the 4 of them in control and my hubby was of no help that I just didn't even try to pull my camera out. Maybe next year. Our youngest will be almost 3 by then. Have a happy and safe New Year!

Sprytebyrd said...

Hey, the "big thaw" has started up here! I can actually see grass in the back yard where the dogs have been running around in circles!
Love the projects as always! And the KandCo! Our Hancock closed long ago.. so sad for me!
And, when my daughter sings Frosty, The Snowman, he has a "nose made out of cold"!!
Glad you had a good Christmas! We must get together sometime!