Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Deck the Halls and wedding bells.....

It will be my 9 year wedding anniversary tomorrow - so I thought I would wip up a quick card for my sweet hubby. Hmmmm, card yes, quick - not at all... But I wanted to make it fancy and masculine - so this is how it ended up... I started off with Jen D's Sketch for You to Try and went from there... she really keeps me fresh with ideas...


































Jen's sketch...


My hubby surprised me with our Xmas tree as I was cleaning up after our Thanksgiving day celebration, so I was able to get it all decked out on Saturday. It was a nice peaceful crafty time with holiday music playing and sparkling apple cider. Although that was probably the only time I would describe as "peaceful" so far this week :-)

I wanted to fiddle with it some more - but I think I will leave it for now... I don't think the little branches can handle much more :-)





Long story short - we ended up having to be married in our home 9 years ago due to abrupt changes in our work schedules. All of our wedding plans went down the tubes, and I wondered how in the heck I could make our home look nice enough for a wedding. I decorated a tree with these gold bows and the gold garland and it turned out really beautiful in all of the wedding pictures. So I have used them every since.












I treated myself to a rustic tin star ornament this year. I try to grab at least one new one every year to weed out the old broken ones...


















The twins ornament that was given to us by my MIL the year they were born. It has taken a licking but keeps on ticking (having been dropped on the floor at least 10 times...)












The little hand print snowman ornaments in the background, so sweet but broken to bits and held together with Scotch tape... boohoo...
















The fragile glass ornaments were put away years ago (post twin arrival). We have used these plastic ones from Target every since. They have really saved me from yelling and loosing my voice every Christmas... Between my kids and my dogs, we are lucky to have any still hanging on the tree by Christmas morning - but it is nice to look at for now :-)















Ahhhhh, the Spongebob ornaments in the background... I am sure I will miss decorating my tree with Spongebob once the kids are all off to college... I'll probably pull them out and put them on the tree anyway...
















Just a quick garland over the dining room mirror, I think I will add to it later. Maybe photo's??







Well - deck your halls and be merry :-) But above all, find time to relax and of course to craft!!

5 comments:

Marie said...

Wow! Another post?! Lol! I love your christmas tree pics. Very lovely. I really love how personal you made it with the different ornaments collected over time. I hope I can get precious memories with a christmas tree. Anyhoots, thanks for the comment about my coloring. I am afraid I will need to refill these markers soon. I REALLY like your anniversary card. Lots of personality and originality. The owl is adorned for a king. I am planning to try to scrap a couple of pages this year... It's scary... but I have to try it out.

Beate said...

I love your card you made for your hubby. It is so hard to make masculine cards. Yours turned out lovely.
You tree is so pretty. Our trees over the years have been quite sentimental as well, although we do not have Spongebob on ours.

Lisa M. said...

Your hubby's card looks great! We didn't give cards this year...but that's fine...your house looks very beautiful!

Marie said...

I left you something on my blog!

Jessica said...

Your Christmas Tree is so beautiful!! Is that your tree in the pic above your head on your blog page? It's so so so pretty!