Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Projects and cards and tags, oh my!

Just posting a few cards and projects that I have worked on this last month... We have finally settled into the school routine and I am finding time for myself again :-)


This is a little tag that I made inspired by the sketch challenge at triple the sketch. It will hang on our "grateful tree". It is basically a miniature fake fir tree from the craft store that I decorate for Thanksgiving and then in December for Christmas. I let the kids draw little pictures and write what they are thankful for - and then we hang them on the tree. I'll be sure to post pics when it is ready....





























Here is a card that I made for my teenage daughter's allowance money. I wanted to make it really grown up and feminine so I stuck with the pink and black and a little bling theme... Used a sketch from 2 sketches for you...






















Here is a card that I made for my neighbors to give with a batch of cookies. I used thickers and a pieced the little house and tree together with scraps (still no Cricut for me:-)






















Another little piecing that I will frame and eventually have a full set of season inspired wall hangings....














You'll notice a common theme in my patterned papers on many of my projects here, including my grateful garland ( http://craftastictimes.blogspot.com/2008/08/fall-garland-papercraft.html )... I am a fairly frugal gal - so I told myself I couldn't break into any new paper until I was down to unusable scraps from these papers. Incase you are wondering, yes - I have wittled them down to close to nothing... but you never know :-)

2 comments:

Marie said...

Amazing projects as always! I am working on a card for 2Sketches4U as well, not finished yet. You should try out for their design team call. They will love you! I agree with you about using scraps before opening up new packages. That's what I've been making my cards with lately. I love your projects!

Jill said...

Heather can I be your teenage daughter? I want $20!!! LOL! Super stuff!