Saturday, October 25, 2008

Planning ahead...

Hello crafty friends! I have promised myself that I will be completely ready for the holidays this year right down to the last detail. I wouldn't go as far as to call me Martha Stewart, but hey - I girl can hope - right?! So there will be lots of handmade gifts and decor going on this year. With the economy the way it is - maybe even a little more handmade than usual in our house. So, I whipped up this little planner last night to organize my thoughts and projects. I am a little crazy when it comes to making lists and writing down my ideas. I have tons of notebooks full of stuff written down. When one gets full, it's on to the next one. However, I keep them all in case I need to refer to them for anything... You should see me flipping through the pages like a mad woman looking for something - I am sure it is fairly comical to watch... But it is a hard habit to break...

For this project, I started with a lined spiral bound notebook from the dollar bin at Michael's. I grabbed my (coveted) Basic Grey Fruitcake, my spiral and tab punch from SU! and my book binding glue from my LSS. I decided to make my own wreath embellishments with a holly leaf stamp and some bling for berries.




















I didn't want to froufrou it up too much with tons of ribbons down the side (after all - it has to be functional and fit nicely in my purse). But I did want more ribbon accents on this project. So I stapled ribbon tabs at the top to coordinate with each tabbed section instead.






















The tab titles I chose are Decor(ations), crafts (to make), cards (guest list and sketches of cards to make), gifts (handmade and list to buy by person), to do list, meals to plan, and travel plans. All of these titles fit nicely (with a little fandangling) on the SU! tab punch when I used my Carolee's creations alpha's.












Thanks for stopping by and here's wishing you an organized holiday season!! I will be posting my holiday projects as I complete them - as long as my family promises not to peek here to see their gifts....

3 comments:

Marie said...

Awesome idea! I have a tiny notebook from Wal-Mart that I started for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas planning. I will have to decorate it as well!! Thanks for the inspiration, your notebook is gorgeous!

Jessica said...

That is SO SO neat! I love the idea and yours is beautiful!

Kara Ward said...

Amazing...I want one. So cute and clever. Way to go-Heather