Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Halloween deco for the door...

Yay!! - I finally finished this one (before Halloween)... I purchased a black wreath at Michael's last week for $3.99 and I knew just what I would do with it - but just had to find the time...

As luck would have it - the twins actually conked out on time tonight from their Birthday cake induced sugar coma... And there you have it - time to craft :-)

I combined my McDonald's witchy doll, flowers, ribbons, and some scrapbooking goodies I had laying around. I altered a wooden star with BG rub-ons and Prima Flowers and used one of my Crafty Secrets pumpkin girl cotton scraps to make a tag - finished it off with pom-pom fringe....


































































I'd like to thank the lopsided homeade chocolate cake that made this evening's project possible....




No, the twins are not "66". Of course they are only 6 - but we felt they both deserved their own candle... Here they are fighting over who gets to blow them out...



Happy Birthday boys - We have loved every minute of the last 6 years of you in our lives :-)

6 comments:

Heather said...

The wreath is absolutley amazing!!! Ilove the way your creative side comes out in every project. Never the same and always perfection!

The boys stole the show and my heart! How sweet they are .. the cake was too vute. Love that you had to put two 6's on it, lol. It is so hard to watch them grow up. Keep making these wonderful memories!!!

Beate said...

Double wow! Happy birthday to the twins!
I love your wreath. Good job getting it done in time to use this year ;)

ivwhy said...

happy birthday to the boys! great looking cake!
love your cute wreath! hope to get my decorations out this weekend. don't cha just love the crafty secrets stuff?

Jessica said...

The wreath is amazing!! The boys are so cute! I can tell they're double the fun and double the trouble! :)

MamaCass07 said...

He, he, he! Love the candles and the pic of the fighing over who gets to blow them out. I am always so inspired when I visit your blog. THANK YOU!

Kara Ward said...

Oh, clever clever girl. I love the idea with the McD's witch. I loved her and she is sitting right by my computer. You gave me hope that she will find the right spot. Kara