Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finally squeezed in some scrapping tonight...

I have had these pictures in one of those sticky style old photo albums for 15 years now... They are of my precious daughter at Christmas when she had just turned ONE... Next month - she will turn 16. I don't know how I am going to take it - I know it is such a milestone for girls especially - but it just makes us mom's feel so darn old... Oh yah - and I changed the date on this layout after I took these pics - noticing that I am so stuck in the 2000's - but these photo's are actually from 1993 (hence my stretch pants :-)...


I focused on a lot of layers and wanted to distress it but also make it feminine. I added distressing chalk ink, stickles, silver pearl paint, and lots of fingernail distressing.



















































I was able to incorporate some Cricut cuts that Beate sent me a few months back. Thanks again girl - they worked perfectly for this project :-)

I swear I would have added more layers on this one if they would have fit. Luckily - I stopped and just let it be... and you all know how hard that is for me :-)




Here is a picture that my 6 year old son took of my husband, Sam, and myself. Not a bad photographer - I must say. At least it is in focus... I don't really need the top of my head anyway...


































Here's Sam's try at it - not really focused - but it is nice anyway... Me and Jake...
















I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday - relax, give thanks, and craft... Nothing better :-)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

That page is awesome! I love all the sweet layers, I can't believe your girl is almost 16! You look beautiful & most importantly VERY young. Your skin is to die for!

ivwhy said...

how beautiful!! you are amazing! your daughter will be so lucky to have a georgeous scrapbook you made for her in the future!
BTW, miss your tuesday sketch challenges!

Beate said...

I don't know HOW you could possibly fit in another layer :) The layout is amazing. Any time you want more die cuts my cricut and I are at your disposal :)

Kara Ward said...

The layout is fabulous. The layers and textures are just what I love. You out did yourself this time! Lovin' it. Kara