Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BTST #9

Here is a little something for Beyond the Sketch #9. I originally was going to make it a card - but I remembered that I had an unfinished project from a previous class calling my name. This project is from my class I finished months ago - Got Sketch 101 (completely fabulous btw - you should take her classes if you can - well worth the money...). The challenge was to create an easel for my scrapbook sketches using this 4x6 acrylic free standing frame. I got mine at Michael's for $2.99.























Here is the sketch - feel free to make this sketch into anything you want - and be sure to add a little something to it yourself...




















Here is my finished project. I used my cropodile to punch holes in the acrylic - but I don't really recommend this method. Since it was two layers thick - it was quite hard to punch through and my acrylic cracked a bit. Val S. recommended that you use a Fiskars drill for this procedure. So now that it is done, I just paste the sketches I have into a Word document and shrink them down to size. Print, trim, and place in order on my easel - and viola. No more bending my neck to see the sketch I am working with. I also put my own hand drawn sketches in here - and look a bit more professional in this type of setting...


























I used piercing, Cuttlebug embossing, SU! tab punch, Basic Grey Infuse papers, and 1" binder rings from Staples.


Have fun with this one - there are so many upcoming holidays that you could experiment with here like a desk flip calendar with family pictures, or a recipe easel, etc... If I can get ahold of my hubby's drill, I might make all of those ideas for stocking stuffers... hmm....

5 comments:

Jill said...

Love the colors!!! So beautiful! You never cease to amaze me!

Kara Ward said...

Clever, clever...I should have know Val was involved. She is fabulous! I like your thinking about making gifts. We are having a hand-made Christmas. It should be fun and a lot more meaningful...take care, Kara

ivwhy said...

TFS!

Beate said...

I love the desk flip calender idea! I may have to add this on to my LONG to do list! Thanks Heather! Amazing as always :)

Lisa M. said...

Wow! What a great idea! I have a notebook that is getting clogged with sketches! I just have to figure out how to put the holes in...