Thursday, September 4, 2008

When did this happen?!?!


When did my baby twin boys grow up so fast and become Kindergartners?? Where did the last 5 years go? I was so fortunate to be able to stay home with my little guys for the last 4 years. So many hugs, kisses, snuggles, and laughs. Just when it was getting more fun than work - they leave me for Elementary School. Here are some pictures from our first day - Daddy took off a couple of hours in the morning so that we could all walk to school together.
I think the Kindergarten room is the only room where they have to literally kick the parents out on the first day... Most of the other parents were dropping off their kids at the curb - while we were all crouched around the room trying to snag that perfect first day of school picture...
















Ahh - finally after 5 1/2 years - a picture where both of the twins are smiling at the same time...

















The classic two fingers behind the head pic here... What does that mean anyway? I can't really remember - but it is so funny that kids are still doing this in the year 2008...





















Walking to school with our shiny new backpacks and warm sweatshirts. It gets pretty chilly here in the mornings in the fall, but the rest of the day's weather is worth it... Sunny and clear - the only time of the year where it's not cloudy, rainy, or scorching in the 90's..



















Jake clutching his backpack like it was filled with candy or something... I watched from the window hoping the other kids would come and sit at his table with him. Eventually they did, but it was pure torture for me to see him sitting there alone... His first adventure without his twin brother as they are in seperate classes this year...




Sammy getting right to work putting his name on his paper. He brought this paper home in his special camouflaged peechee and was so proud of it. However, he didn't quite understand the concept of taking the paper out each day and sending the folder back to school empty. He threw a fit so I waited until he was in bed to pull it out. He also lost his self proclaimed "most prized possession" ninja bead bracelet on the playground that day that he is wearing in this photo. He hasn't cried yet because he thinks it will turn up - but I am dreading the day he actually realizes it is gone for good. He wore it every day all summer and then loses it on his first day, ugh - so sad...
I feel so lonely in the mornings when they are all gone to school and work - I haven't really gotten to the point where I celebrate the 'me' time yet. Maybe soon... I just wipe down the counters like 5 times and watch the clock so I can be early to pick them up... I am such a mom...

4 comments:

ivwhy said...

what precious pics!
we used to call the 2 fingers behind someone's head 'bunny ears'. the twins are so cute w/ their haircuts too! bummer bout the ninja bracelet......

Lisa M. said...

Awh, so exciting and sad at the same time! I know my mom always told me that you get the kids so excited that you totally forget about the feeling once you are waving and the bus pulls away and leaves you all alone. She said that for the first week she would go home and cry after the bus pulled away with me in it! *hugs* Can't wait to see what you can create in their absence!!

Heather said...

It makes me proud and sad all at once. It is so hard to see them growing up! 5 was such a hard age for me. Kindergarten, school, all that good stuff. Signs that time is flying by SOO fast! these pics are so sweet! Thank you for sharing them!

Jill said...

Awww!!! Isn't it hard? Mine started first grade... ***sigh***