Thursday, September 4, 2008

Waiting for Dad layout...

This is my first layout in my online class for GS 101 which is now overwith - but I am just now getting around to scrapping the sketches... I am so happy to be able to use like 90% Stampin' Up! products in my layouts that I will complete from this class. I could probably go all the way with the SU! products - but some things like the chipboard letters and the Heidi Swapp clocks just called my name for this one...






















































My journaling reads:
Sammy, You seem to have this sort of internal clock in your head that tells you when it's 6:30 pm . Every day at this time, you start asking, "when is my daddy gonna be home?". I always say, "any minute buddy". You then proceed to tug and pull at the curtains while standing in the window with your face smashed against the glass. When daddy arrives, you rush to greet him with a hug at the door. Your faithful hugs always bring a smile to his face...
I chose to run the Marines motto - "Semper Fi" which means "always faithful" (latin I think?!). Sammy is very faithful to meeting his daddy at the door every night. I am grateful that my husband is now on day shift so that he can get his greeting with a hug instead of a sleepy, cranky boy in the morning...
I can't wait to get started on some other layouts - I have so many to work on that I might not have enough photos... Is that possible????!!!

2 comments:

ivwhy said...

so sweet... what a great layout too! memories like this makes you not want the little ones to grow up!

The wallflower said...

That is adorable and what a great layout! I really love it!