Sunday, September 7, 2008

Signs of Fall everywhere...

Ah yes - finally I can break out the decorations for Fall - I don't really care that Halloween is still so far away - in my house it is game to celebrate after September 1st. You see - we view Halloween as a day of imagination and socialization in our house. We get a chance to dress up and be any character that we want to be on that day. We get a chance to visit our neighbors homes and bring joy to them by sharing our costumes and spooky gear. We get a chance to fill up our bellies with sugary goodness as much as we want for only 1 day a year. Then, the candy ends up in our reward basket and we usually end up throwing it out because it sticks around so long here... I don't teach my children that Halloween is a day to celebrate evil or death. We just make it about embracing imaginative play - even if you are a mom or dad. So - GAME ON!!!!



I have had fun digging out the Fall related decorations here - but I realize how old all of my goodies are. Most of them come from the dollar store or where handmade by me. Basically - if it is orange - it is out to proudly display no matter how cheesy. Orange and Fall just happen to be two of my favorite things - so I revel in the joy of the changing season...



This is a bunch of beaded potpourri that was given to me by a dear friend years ago. I am careful to bundle it back up and store it nicely until it can be returned to it's home of display on my kitchen table each year. It still smells lovely and who wouldn't want a cute batch of beaded pumpkins to look at every day?!?!
















More orange and pumpkins pumpkins everywhere. The porcelain kind will have to do until our trip to the pumpkin patch can be made in October...






























These are wreaths that I have made over the years. I used to be quite crafty with the glue gun - but I haven't made anything new in years. I refuse to spend more money on new wreaths or plastic flowers since these aren't falling apart yet... knock on wood...

























This is my mantle that is a little boring at the moment. But I will have some dried vines and maybe some dried citrus up there when the weather turns - I can usually find these at the pumpkin patches and farmers markets. Until then - the cheesy decs and altered dollar store frames will have to do... This pic is of my mommy snuggling our little "pug" twins on their first Halloween that they were actually walking. They were so cute and this is the only pic I could get of them actually together and looking towards the camera. Trust me - they were busy little suckers...


















And of course - the Party Light Tart warmer - definitely a sign that it is getting colder outside...





















Well my motto is it's never too early to celebrate so break out your Fall goodies and enjoy them as much as possible. Because before you know it - it will be time to wrap them back up and break out the Christmas village and ornaments....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I need to get all my fall goodies out!! I agree about Halloween. My kids LOVE it so much!!