Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Organizing without breaking the bank - Part 3

More on this subject:

More ribbon storage... Spools of ribbon are stored in more plastic drawers - and the shorter pieces are wound around paper towel holders and secured with a pin...


















A must have for Stampin' Up! enthusiasts. A ring that holds cardstock samples and catalog information. Notice - it is stored in a plastic container due to my dust issues :-)














Just more junk storage in these canvas pieces that are designed to store together - but I don't have room for them to be all together anywhere - so I separated them... This is actually a make-shift table. I put a spare shelf piece from another piece of furniture on top of more plastic storage towers. It's not perfect - but it works for me :-)



















This is just an old wooden crate that I store items in that I want to alter in the future - or have potential for alternate uses...






















More button jars stacked in my cupboards on a wire spice rack...










This is a plastic/ vinyl pocketed storage item that has seen many different items inside it in its’ day... I have put all my punches inside it. Good news is that they all fit - bad news is that I don't have room for anymore... I wanted to have the towel bar storage for my punches - but I really don't want to start messing with my concrete walls like that...


























Jewel case storage for unmounted stamps and stuff...
















This is how I display some cards that I have made and received as RAK's. I usually keep my technique cards around and of course I keep my cards from my crafty friends :-) These are the metal card trees that were popular a while back - and I have been able to grab them at Goodwill and garage sales for close to nothing.
















This is just an old muffin tin that I didn't want going into the land fill - so I just keep it inside a basket to keep odds and ends around. As you can see - I save everything :-) I keep spare punches around for templates and sizing when I am planning a project...

















One of the 12x12 cubes that has been repurposed to hold my 12x12 paper that is in it's original packaging - I try to keep them intact as long as I can...

















This is my lampshade clip-it style that I finally got a lazy susan turntable for. It is actually quite large - over 16" in diameter - so it cost me about $18 for the turntable. But since the rest of it was free - I figure that I am still ahead...


















This is a basket that I took the handle off of and I use to hold misc supplies on my desk.
















And last - but most important - this is a jar that I painted at the pottery painting store on a Mother Daughter day out. I had to use 4 coats of hot tamale red and white dimensional paint to get it to look like this - but it was still a fun time. It (naturally) stores my Hot Tamale candies which are my must have snack while I am crafting.


Okay - so I am still working on my chipboard and new SU! catalog goodies - so I'll post pics of my whole room when I get things done...

I hope you are able to have a functional room for yourself without feeling like you need to load up your credit card at IKEA after seeing my space. Nothing in my room matches - and it is all furniture I already had, less than $20, or second hand stuff that has been repurposed. And that is the way I like it. It is organized chaos down here in my crafty basement - and I think it inspires me more than a completely matchy-matchy perfectly designed room would. I would probably be sitting around twitling my thumbs, picking at every spec of dust in a room like that - but that's just me :-) If you have - or want a room like that yourself - make sure that it has little pieces of you around and that you have made it your own in some way....
As a stay at home mom - I have to be frugal about how I accomplish things like storage and decorating. I always put my mind in motion when I see an item - how can I use it, can I change it for another purpose??
Have a happy, fantastic, crafty day ladies!!

6 comments:

Perfecting Imperfection said...

I love your space!!!

Scraplin said...

I like your thrifty crafting space! I too have to use other means to store my things. I get unusual shaped boxes and shelves from work that are about to be thrown away, and I say, HEY I could use that to store my craft things! I love the way you reuse the plastic bags that comforters come in. I save those too! Thanks for sharing your ideas~

Ann said...

I am glad that I took the time to view your posts on your craft room. You have given me so many neat and cheap storage ideas to use in my craft room.
Ann

Jessica said...

Okay, you are makin' me pant with envy! Love all the tools you have, girl your room ROCKS!

Thinknpinkmom said...

I really loved reading about your craft space. I love to look at organizing things. :) Even though of course I'm not organized right now. But eventually I will be! :) Just have a lot of cleaning to do before it gets organized.

Blogger said...

Just got my check for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn by taking paid surveys online...

So I show them a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for paid surveys.