Thursday, August 7, 2008

Organizing without breaking the bank - Part 2

Here's part 2...

A vintage jewelry box that I turned into embellishment storage...




















This is my Cuttlebug area and a desk that I got at Goodwill for $15.00. I love it so much - I couldn't believe my hubby went for it - bringing in another piece of furniture to this house.... It even has a little girl's name scratched into the top of it - it is so sweet....
















My ATC holder made from an old Rolodex spinner - I showcased this in a previous post if you want to check it out.....























Yarn from my late Grandmother sit on top of a shelving unit (it is just one of those knotty pine/ wooden ones that I ended up whitewashing to look a little better...)





















This is the whole shelf - I store my ribbon, fabrics, and sewing machine here. My fabrics are stored in plastic zippered bags from old comforters and curtain packaging to keep them dust free.




























My vintage trims and laces are plastic baggied up and organized in a laundry metal thingy - everything has to be bagged up down here due to our dust problem. Having a 50 year old house with a forced air heating/ cooling system makes for one dirty place - so these would never stand a chance on their own...






















I used the hangers from my plastic pocket holder (listed in Part 3 with punches in it) and used them to hold metal rings from the dollar store. I threaded my ribbon through that I only bought by the yard - and they hang nicely without getting wrinkled...





















Some 12x12 plastic bins that I was using to store paper, but I decided I like seeing my stamps instead of them all being jumbled up in a larger drawer together. I was going to hang the rain gutter style shelving that I have seen on the net for these - but this works okay for now for my loose stamps that are not in sets. I could actually get them 2 high in here - but I want to be able to see them so I will actually use them...

















Part 3 coming up......

No comments: