Friday, August 29, 2008

Fall Garland/ papercraft...

Okay - so my pictures of this one aren't really that great - but I don't have the ability to get them any better right now... Okay - this is a glitter garland by K and Co. that I picked up at Michael's. It is glitter chipboard letters that say "GIVE THANKS" when strung on the ribbon as a garland. I placed patterned papers behind the open chipboard letters and then made further embellishments with my family's pictures and misc. buttons and ribbons. It was easy with punches, glue dots and my Crop-O-Dile... It is hanging across a large mirror in my dining room - so the pictures after it is hung up aren't real swell... sorry about that...
Gotta give props to my gal Jessica H. for all the Basic Grey papers that she uses. I have many collections in my stash - but I have such a hard time actually breaking open the packs and using the papers. I covet them like jewelry :-) Jessica makes such beautiful projects with her BG papers - that she has gotten me to break out a piece or two now and then. Thanks Jess!

































































































I think since I have put the garland in front of my mirror - that I might have to go back and cut orange paper to cover the backs with?? I probably won't do that though even though I should - since I am always on to the next project :-) I am so happy to welcome Fall this year - I always end up doing like 10 times as many projects the second half of the year - and I like keeping busy.
Hugs to all! ~Heather

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is so so pretty!!! I made garland last year with hanging leaves in different colors. The kids got 5 each and told me 5 things they were thankful for. I wrote it on tehm and hung them up. It was very cute/ I love yours! so 'perfect' .. that is the only sord that comes to mind. I love everything... how you made it personal... how pretty it is ...

Jill said...

Hi Heather! Love this! I frequent your website... :) I just never leave comments! LOL! I am a fall junkie... keep up the fab work!