Tuesday, August 19, 2008

BTST #7...

This week's Beyond the Sketch Tuesday challenge will focus on punches. I made the sketch extremely simple because I wanted to leave you all room to expand your ideas. I would like you to make a recognizable image from any punches that you have laying around. There are so many things that you can make with punches - here is a recent card from a Stampin' Up! demonstrator publication that shows how you can use the SU! punches to make an owl -





Sooooo cute!!










Here is the simple sketch to start with as your basis for your punched objects. You can flip it as necessary....





















***No Cricuts or die cuts allowed this time - just punched shapes.


Here is a teacher card that I made based on a punched card that I saw online a while back. I keep a list by punch type of what they each can be used for - so I was particularly drawn to this one with school starting soon. We will finally have Elementary School teachers to give gifts to, so I thought this card was perfect for this occasion. I used the SU! tab punch for the apple cores, the scallop punch for the colored sections of the cores, and the spiral punch for the notebook paper effect.

































As usual - there are no creative limitations with this sketch challenge (besides the no die cut rule for this one particularly this week). Let your imagination take you where it may - and punch away!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

SO FUN!!! I cant wait to try this one out!!! HMMMM ... let me think!!!!!

Heather said...

here is my card ... It was challenging! :) but fun:)

http://joemamainks.blogspot.com/2008/08/card-sketch.html

ivwhy said...

snuck in some me time to do this one! see: http://www.cafemom.com/group/4061/photos/view.php?photo_id=409461

i used circle punches, heart punch, and the binding punch (legs).