Monday, August 11, 2008

BTST #6

It's challenge time! Beyond the Sketch Tuesday is going to focus on a particular embellishment this week - paint chip/ swatches... They were cool a while back - but I have a whole drawer of them - and I have been wanting to make a card around that theme forever... It's simple for a reason - you are welcome to elaborate as much as you want on the sketch - I love to see everyone's interpretations! If you don't have one - they are usually free at home improvement stores or paint sections. Or - you can be really super crafty and improvise one with your card stock...
Here is the sketch:




















Here is the sample I have come up with for the week: It is a little hard to see with all gray - but it will do....





















And away you go :-) Have a great week!!

9 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Okay, Ironically someone sent me some! weird coincidence...so while I can't win this one...I might just try it...

Thinknpinkmom said...

That's a very cute card! :) I will have to get some of those paint swatches sometime.

JackieLou said...

Wow I love this sketch. Might have to give it a try.

Artsy Hugs,
Jackielou

Marie said...

Love the sketch. I will try it out as soon as I get a chance. Check out my blog, I left you an award.

Heather said...

Oh wow! I loved seeing your card on CMM but I like it even more with the sketch. It is so pretty and you are always so creative! I can't wait to give it a go:)

Jessica said...

I got one done but am debating on posting it or not..not sure if it's up to par...

Jessica said...

http://sweetmamacards.blogspot.com/2008/08/sketch-challenge.html

Chelsea Z. said...

I am doing this one! I got Hubby to pick me up some more paint chips and I picked up some awesome ribbon in the dollar spot at Target, but I need to get my stampin' up stuff to finish it. The UPS man apparently tried to deliver it at 8:15 (15 minutes after hubby and baby went to bed...) anyway, the note said they tried to deliver again today after five. As soon as I get it, I can put the last element on and post a picture! :)

Chelsea Z. said...

Okay. I got my first ever Stampin' Up! stamps! Who-hoo! Anyway, I posted a picture of my card on cafemom. I labeled it BTST #6. :)