Sunday, August 3, 2008

Altering a picture frame for display purposes...

Hello-Hello! I have been so busy with altered projects this week. Some of the projects I can't post just yet - but this one - I can....

I have a multi-sectioned picture frame that I turned into a bulletin board style magnetic display for my cards that I complete each week. I made it so that I can take it down and interchange the cards to display. I also used magnets to hold the cards in place temporarily so that I can still give them away without having thumb tack holes in them... Here's how I made it work for me:

I took the glass out of the frame and changed the orientation from it's original vertical format to landscape. I turned the frame over and started glue dotting my pearl ornaments on the back. I used these little ornaments that I found at the dollar section of Michael's to spell the word "create".























I adhered 3M brand picture hanging adhesive tabs on the back so that one will stick to the wall - and one will stick to the frame - allowing for frequent removal of the frame to change out the cards on front.




















I placed the cards on the front that I completed this week and put one magnet inside and the alternate piece on the back to hold the cards in place.

























Backside of the frame showing the opposing magnet piece...














Viola - time to hang. Simple and cheap art that I can change as I create new cards each week. I really love the finished project - and it took very little time and very little supplies to complete.





Go me - get my craft on.......









A Blessed Sunday to all - and to all a good night!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I used to alter things all the time with my mom. You are giving me the bug again:) I love everyting about it!!!

ivwhy said...

great ideas heather! one can only dream to have a room like yours!

stampinc said...

This frame is way to cool. You are just to creative and talented. Great idea for Christmas.