Saturday, July 19, 2008

How sweet it is.....

....to find time to scrap!!! Thank goodness for my Friday night crops - or I'd never get a page done!! I was so excited to have been asked to be the assistant administrator to my local scrapbook group! I'll be able to host classes and such - what a great opportunity! We have 48 members and growing - so I can't wait to get some things rolling...

Here are some layouts that I made tonight. What can I say? I am in a polka dot phase... I can't help it - they are just so addicting....




These are my feet - on vacation :-)




























This is a sweet little pic of my son Jake. He was taking a small break after playing all day - I love how the pic turned out. And yes - I still use flowers and dots - even on my pages of my boys :-)

























Here is a card that I made from scraps at my crop - I need to use my scraps more often!
























This card was made for a sketch challenge at 2sketches4 you - I just love those ladies! I used the new Martha Stewart papers and stamps that I found at my local Walmart. I watercolored the stamp with my SU! Aquapainter and ink pads.






















Family milestones:

Well - call it a new take on "home schooling" - here are the crazy things that the twins have learned this week:
They have figured out that it is physically impossible to lick their own elbows.... that they also have a "crotch" - not just girls.... that superglue does not hold plastic machine guns together... that you should always check to see if you squirt gun has water in it before you point it at you mom's face while standing in the middle of the living room... that no matter how much you deny it - mom always knows when you have eaten cupcakes before dinner due to the big smear of chocolate on your nose... and most important of all - that the brownies that they thought were the "bestest in the world" did in fact contain carrots and spinach.... teehee....

Have a happy weekend crafty ones!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I have to start off saying I LOVE YOU!!! :) That little 'family milestones' part at the end made my day:) So cute and so funny .. but sweet at the same time!!

As for your work... you never cease to amaze me but you are so amazing you never amaze me .. make since?

I hope you have a wonderful time as the assistant admin. How fun!!! you will do GREAT!!!

Lisa M. said...

I had to chuckle at your family milestones! Those sound like some mine will be learning in the years to come! LOL! I espeically love the last one and apply it to my HUSBAND! LOL! Your cards and pages are beautiful of course...man, I've got to do your sketch challenge before I forget! LOL! Tootles!

Anonymous said...

The 1st time to visit your blog & it is really great--I will be back. Your cards are all nice, 'course, I like some better than others, but that's norm.

ivwhy said...

love the layout with all the flowers. sometimes, we never remember to scrap ourselves--just our kiddos so great inspiration to scrap something on ourselves!