Okay - I must really be getting old and loosing my memory. It has been exactly 1 year since I let my kids play with this stuff. I remember at the time saying, "I will never let you guys play with this stuff again!". I then swiftly put it away at the top of the hall closet - thinking someday when we were outside - I might be willing to pull it out for one last hurrah.
As luck would have it - I was cleaning out the closet and had pulled everything out. Along comes the twin tornadoes (most commonly known as Jake and Sam). You would have thought it was Christmas - the way they were jumping up and down begging to play with it "just one last time". I thought to myself, "well, I do need to clean the floors today anyway - so it should be okay". Should be okay.... not so much... Here is what transpired on the table, the floor, the chairs, and tracked back and forth to the bathroom:
Despite popular belief - Moon sand does not:
- Make a good babysitter so mom can spend time in the kitchen making dinner.
- Make any kind of shape other than lumps for more than 2 seconds.
- Taste good as your son is shoving his Moonsand "Pizza made with love" in your face.
- Come out of the crevices of your table, chairs, hair, or out from under your fingernails...
- Look nearly as bad in photographs as it actually is. Believe me - it's not fun to clean up.
- Evoke any kind of "beachy feel" or "space travel affect" despite the clever use of the words "Moon or "sand"....