Saturday, July 19, 2008

Friends don't let friends...

...let their kids play with Moonsand!!!!!

Okay - I must really be getting old and loosing my memory. It has been exactly 1 year since I let my kids play with this stuff. I remember at the time saying, "I will never let you guys play with this stuff again!". I then swiftly put it away at the top of the hall closet - thinking someday when we were outside - I might be willing to pull it out for one last hurrah.

As luck would have it - I was cleaning out the closet and had pulled everything out. Along comes the twin tornadoes (most commonly known as Jake and Sam). You would have thought it was Christmas - the way they were jumping up and down begging to play with it "just one last time". I thought to myself, "well, I do need to clean the floors today anyway - so it should be okay". Should be okay.... not so much... Here is what transpired on the table, the floor, the chairs, and tracked back and forth to the bathroom:





































Despite popular belief - Moon sand does not:
  • Make a good babysitter so mom can spend time in the kitchen making dinner.
  • Make any kind of shape other than lumps for more than 2 seconds.
  • Taste good as your son is shoving his Moonsand "Pizza made with love" in your face.
  • Come out of the crevices of your table, chairs, hair, or out from under your fingernails...
  • Look nearly as bad in photographs as it actually is. Believe me - it's not fun to clean up.
  • Evoke any kind of "beachy feel" or "space travel affect" despite the clever use of the words "Moon or "sand"....
Please - do not try this at home... You will rue the day that you ever saw the commercial and thought, "Wow, that looks like a fun idea!"...... Now off to freecycle with you dreaded mess making substance....

3 comments:

ivwhy said...

ok.......point well taken! i WILL NOT get this for my 2 boys! have fun cleaning it all up.....you will probable see traces of this forever!

Lisa M. said...

LMBO! Note to self: AVOID MOONSAND! LOL! But I bet they had fun didn't they? 10 years from now you'll be finding moonsand in various places! LOL!

Heather said...

I have so been there done that:) !!! lol!!! My mom still lets my son play it at her house .. but the results I had here were similar to yours there:) !!! LOL!!! SO I GET IT!!! I know what you mean .. thinking "I will let them play and I will be able to get something done:) yay!!! .. not!!!" OH MAN!!! It is funny looking at it and knowing that I am not the only one that has had problems with the moon sand .. but I am sure it was the devil to clean up! :/ sheesh!!!