Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cuttlebug folder techniques...

So I have tons of ideas swirling around in my head every day related to card making (sad I know).... And I could never possibly make all the cards that I sketch up or dream about - so I am passing on some of my ideas here...

I saw a lot of techniques online that used the Cuttlebug folders before I ever bought one. I had to make sure that I could really get my money's worth out of this tool before I committed - and now I have had the opportunity to try them myself. Here are the one's that I have tried tonight - I hope you can see the actual effect in my photos...

Inking the concave side of the folder creates this type of look:















Here I have embossed on vellum - I think it looks like that pompom fabric that is used on babies clothes sometimes....





















Being the packrat that I am - I save everything - of course :-) So after I punched out my metallic embellishment for my faux metal technique tutorial - I ran the silver embossed paper through my houndstooth folder - and it came out looking kind of like diamond plate material. That would work nicely for a masculine card of some sort... Hint hint - with the male tool toting Bella's....

















I ran patterned paper through the embossing folder here - you could also sand on top of it to make the embossed impression stand out a bit more...
















Combining your punches with paper that has been ran through your favorite embossing folder -


















This is a double embossing technique that combines inking the first embossed image - flattening it back down - and then embossing it with the second folder of your choice (the brainchild of Debbie Bankston)... I really like the leaves on the folder and I thought that it would make nice patterned paper actually - so this is how it turned out....















Here - I painted the concave section of my embossing folder and then baby wiped the excess off (not very well I might add - it turned out a bit streaky). I did not want to take the time to go over the embossed image with a gold paint pen - but you could do it that way too. I think the leftover paint is a happy accident of sorts because it makes the black background quite sparkly....



















A lot of ladies online use their folders selectively like I have done here on this itty bitty card that I started. You just put the portion of the front of the card in and hang the rest outside the folder....




















I ran a transparancy through with a folder - and it turned out well - but you would need to finish the whole card to get the whole effect....




















Of course there is always embossing on white core textured cardstock and sand the images to make them pop like I have done in several cards I posted this week - like here....




















Here I have selectively hightlighted part of the folder by embossing it twice, punching out a section, and popping it up on dimensionals.... I have seen this done with stamped images but not with embossed images yet - so maybe this is a Heather creation? Doubt it...



















Don't forget about chalking, painting, and cutting out and popping with a dimensional adhesive - lot's more techniques to try and be discovered out there...... I would love to see some links to other great techniques from your blogs - so let's brainstorm together :-)

7 comments:

Heather said...

WOW!!! This is great! Thank you for the tutorials and the info. I have tried some of these .. but not mastered any yet:). I have not had my bug long, so this will be fun to plat with. Did you see the way the girl on the mojo sketch stamped a sent then embossed it on the wrong side? it was SO pretty!! And I have never seen a highlighted embossed card!:) you may be the creator:) Thanks again Heather! you rock:!!

Jodi said...

This is great!!! I love to use my folders as well, and to see all of this is just very inspirational!! Thanks for sharing! =)

Jodi said...

Forgot to tell you that Heather referred me to your blog!! She was right...beautiful creations!!! =)

Lisa M. said...

Wow! Sooo many things you can do!!! Too bad I don't own one...LOL!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Wicked! What a fantastic list of things to do with cuttlebug folders. I've never seen the punched highlighting. I think that is totally "a Heather creation" and a brilliant one at that. Hope it's okay that I'm adding you to my list of things to do with cuttlebugs. :0) mel

Yosha said...

Thanks for all the ideas! I've been meaning to try the colouring folder and running the cuttlebug, but haven't gotten around to it yet. But you have inspired me to give it a go this weekend!

The sanding idea is very cool too!

So far I've just done the chalk thing...

http://in-my-moments.blogspot.com/2007/11/reruns.html
http://in-my-moments.blogspot.com/2008/01/humming.html

Thank you again!

Cheers

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛