Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Patterned paper challenge...


I entered this LO I made in a challenge over at AMM. We were challenged to create a layout using a piece of patterned paper as your inspiration for your layout. Basically "casing" the paper as your layout... Here is the paper that I chose - which I was bought to originally use for the LO with this pic - but I am glad that I didn't because I really like the 3d results better....












Here is my completed LO using the tree for inspiration -
I stuck with the Kraft paper background - but ended up adding the orange die cut ppr for more color. (Color is my middle name :-).....


I stitched the brown pipe cleaners onto the page with emboidery thread and glue dotted cut leaves for added dimension. Lots of edge fingernail distressing and tearing on this page - but surprise, surprise - no edge inking.... I traced the bare chipboard letters with my white gel pen for added interest.






Some closups of my page:


The quote I used is by Herbert Hoover, "Children are our most valuable natural resource". I think it is a great quote and very fitting for the picture. I have been holding on to (okay - hoarding) this picture for quite sometime. I finally decided to use it - and I am happy that I did cause it is one of my favorite pics of Sammy - just playing outside and having fun. The lighting was perfect for photos that day - just before sunset in the Fall.

Thanks and happy humpday to all....

2 comments:

Heather said...

GOOD GRIEF WOMAN That is GORGEOUS!!!!! WOW!!! that is all that comes to mind ...WOW!!!

Jessica said...

Umm, yeah, WOOzers!!!!