Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Meet Bella....


For Jen D's SFYTT this week - she challenged us to use Bella Stamps if we had them. Fortunately, an online friend had supplied me with some images from a swap - so I was able to make this card....

I couldn't watercolor because the image because it was not on the right type of paper, and I wasn't sure if the ink was stazon or not. So I just improvised with a chalk and marker combo. I don't really like how it came out that much - but that cupcake makes me hungry just looking at it!







I really liked using my sparkly red brads on this card. I seem to always tend to go with the plain brads - so I am breakin' out the glitter!!










Family what nots:
It was an interesting day at home today with school being out for the summer. The boys were full of you know what and vinegar - I swear.... Here's a few tidbits of conversation that went down today:


Mom: "Jake, you better eat that grilled cheese sandwich that you begged me to make you!".
Jake: "Well, I didn't know you would take me seriously and make me one!"

Oh - and- it gets better....

In the car driving, kids in the backseat. I had to stop abruptly at a yellow/ red light.
Jake: "Two words mom - slow - down!".... Of course with a manly tone in his voice...
Sam: "Three words mom - slow - down - woman!!".... With an even manlier tone...
Well at least they are learning to count nicely....

Jake begs me to give him watermelon with his dinner. Upon finishing his meal, I find all of the watermelon still on his plate. He says, "Mom, I just wasn't feeling the watermelon today..."

Out of the mouths of babes I guess - sigh.........

Thanks and happy hump day to everybody!!

3 comments:

Patsy said...

Love your card. Cupcakes are one of my favorite images. Good Job

jen del muro said...

cute card and story!! thx for playing!

*Nikki* said...

i love your card...and the bella...so cute

aren't kids funny...they act so grown up