Friday, May 2, 2008

This weeks creations.....




Below is a Mother's Day gift for my my mommie that I made this week. I started with these coasters that were in the dollar section at Michael's craft store. They were a set of 8 for $1 - a great deal!! They do have decoration on one side though, so I just had to rough it up with some sandpaper to get my paper to adhere a little better. One tip for covering coasters or board books is to run your brayer over the paper after you lay it over your adhesive. Run it over the sides too- this runs some of the glue to the edges and takes out any bubbles or gaps that you might have underneath. I take an emery board to the edges to get them sanded down after that (I get those like 20 for $1 at the dollar store).




I designed the frame to stand on it's own when open so my mom could place it on her desk at work. I used SU! Cutie Pie paper and the Priceless set. I added bling and covered the photos with modge podge so they will last a while since I printed them out on my own PC....





The front of the frame......









Inside of the frame free standing open.....
Inside close-ups........

















I just punched holes in the coasters with my Cropodile and threaded some ribbon through - tying it tight so the frame will stay open and stand up. I stamped over the modge podge after it was dry with Stazon ink and then added some bling for a little sparkle...


Here is a layout that I made about myself - I "jazzed" it up a bit with my shabby chic style because you know I just can't leave well enough alone and I had to add all my little "extra's"...































Here are my cards this week -


SU! Office Accoutrement set and East Coast Prep papers.... There are beads glued in the centers of the flowers. I used the SU! spiral punch to add some interest to the card stock edges. For JenD's SFYTT...








Last week's SFYTT using SU!'s Carte Postale set and Pretties Kit...













Family Milestone: Well, Jake finally lost his first tooth - and it happend it be the same tooth that his twin brother lost last month. Except - Jake decided that this particular tooth was his favorite, and that he needed to "spend more time with it" before he could give it to the tooth fairy. So, three days later, the tooth is still in a plastic bag in his room on his book shelf - and he insists that he needs to keep it. Sam was the same way with his - but I was able to convince him to give it away - but of course it cost the "tooth fairy" $5... I am not sure how to bribe Jake to give his tooth up though...

So the boys got their hair cut today - and they both insisted that they wanted to "look like a man". Jake convinced the hair stylist to slick back his hair with gel - he looked like a cross between Eddie Munster and Alfalfa with his little cow lick in the back... OMG - I was dying... They got to watch cartoons during the cut, and got a neck massage and lollipop afterwards. Add in the bag of popcorn and them spraying themselves in the mouth with the stylists spray bottle of water - and you would have thought they were on a mini-vacation or something... Such an awesome barber shop - and the kid's cuts are only $11.99... A decent price when you are always paying for haircuts in two's :-)
Enjoy your weekend ladies - I hope you get some time to craft and relax!!

1 comment:

ivwhy said...

nice book! love it! (BTW,coasters are marked down to $0.50 at my michael's!!)your mom will love it!