Saturday, May 31, 2008

My new ATC holder....


Okay - so I would love to be able to tell you that I got this new ATC holder today -   :-)


However - at $30 plus the cost of accessories for the small one - I decided it was time to get creative instead.  I had my brain ticking on this one for a couple of days - wondering what I could fashion into this tricky little system - and then - yes - you guessed it - another recycling epiphany!!   Why reinvent something that already exists??  Hence, my Rolodex ATC holder was born.....  Since I already own one of these handy dandy little numbers - and use it - I went to my local Goodwill in search of another (They cost $20 and up brand new...)  So I was able to find one in tip top shape for $3.99 - and bonus - it was the larger size.  The smaller size would have worked fine - but I wanted to be able to showcase my tags as well and some of them are quite big...  

I got to work wrapping and tying ribbon to take away from the "office chic" factor (aka - black metal...).  I chose to glue dot my ATC's to each Rolodex card because I collect them and I don't use them on projects.  I used paperclips to attach my tags since I might use those on future scrap pages, etc.  Here is what I ended up with.  It's not exactly the prettiest ATC holder in the world - but once it is full - I don't think it will matter.  
  
As you can see - mine isn't nearly filled up yet, but they do hang straighter when they are closer together - so there is hope....

Here is how I hung my tags from swaps, etc....



So here are some sweet little pics of my boys on their preschool graduation day yesterday - I say this as a silent tear drips down my face...  They are getting so big!!

They are reciting the Lords prayere here, of course Jake never keeps his eyes closed for long during prayer!!



Getting our "diplomas"

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!!!

1 comment:

Bona said...

Such a creative idea. I love it.