Saturday, May 24, 2008

Feelin' Crafty....

I recently bought a dog bed at Costcto (which I actually used for my cat. If you've seen my dogs, you would know that only their heads would fit in this little bed :-). The cardboard packaging attached to it had awesome scalloped edges. I thought maybe I would keep it around to use as a template to cut patterned paper for my scrap pages. But after looking at it in my craft room for a few weeks - I decided to use it for wall art. I have been planning to do a scrap page collage of my daughter's school pictures through the years. So I just transferred the idea - here is what I started with:



Cardboard packaging front and back:



So I decided to use the cardboard side for the project. I painted it with MM paints and then I coated it with Modge Podge giving extra attention to the edges. This will prevent the paint from wearing off over time. I prefer the matte finish Modge Podge - but you could use any type you like.





Here is my finished product below. I began adding my photos leaving room for the title. I layered them and then embellished on top of everything. Some elements are raised on dimensionals. I distressed the edges of the photos with my fingernails and inked the edges of the whole project.









So give a second look to your scraps or something you think might be garbage. Because you just might be able to make it something memorable!
Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!1

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow!! Beautiful project and a beautiful daughter! You are so inspiring!!