Saturday, April 12, 2008

I am getting some of my work Published!!!







I can't believe it - I finally decided to try to submit some of my cards for publication this month - and Paper Crafts Magazine contacted me to tell me that one of my cards will be featured in an upcoming special issue of Card Creations volume 6 in September... Wowwie - that is pretty big news for me!!! Getting my work in a magazine was one of my "top 100 things to do before I die" - so I guess I can cross this one off!!! Hopefully this is just the beginning of good things to come for me. We really needed some good news around our house - so this news really boosted my spirits...



Anyway - here are some cute cupcake flip top cards that I made tonight. I was fortunate enough to be inspired by scraperlinsey online and knew that I had to make something like she did. Cupcakes are a pretty big trend right now in paper crafting - but I haven't committed to buying any stamps just yet. So, I thought I would try a little paper piecing instead! All papers are Stampin' Up, and you can find the pattern that I followed below the pics. I used decorative edge scissors for the top of my baking cups rather than free handing it, but I think it would be cute to be a little uneven.... For the polka dots, I just put on some Marvy Uchida and puffed it up with my heat gun. I topped them off with some SU! 2-way glue and some flock. There is SU! chunky clear glitter on the left one and a Q & Co. button on top.
Well, I hardly EVER case a card - but this idea was just too cute to pass up - and it is satisfying my want to purchase all the cupcake stamps I can get my hands on - for now :-) However, it is not satisfying my sweet tooth :-) Have a great weekend!!!











7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Your cupcake cards are yummy! Thanks for sharing the pattern. Congrats on being published what a huge honor!

Jessica said...

Congrats!!! WOW! I can't wait to see that issue! I just ordered that magazine, so hopefully it will be in one of them. Let me know when it hits news stands! BTW your cupcake cards are so cute! I will be making one this weekend!

Jennie Skaggs said...

Hi Great cards...saw them on PCMB. Love them. I might have to try them too. Also, congrat son becoming published. Love your work. Jennie

~amy~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~amy~ said...

Congrats on your GREAT news!!! Super Sweet Cupcake Cards!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, I was just reading through your blog and ran across the cupcake cards. How cute they are. My problem was when I tried to print the pattern I only got a third of it. So disappointing. Is there some other way I can get this pattern? My e-mail address is terrygray4868@msn.com. Thanks, Linda

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Love the cupcake card! What is the finished size of this card? I assume the cupcake top sits on the top of the card that is folded!? If you have measurements that would be great.

Congratulation on getting published. I love that magazine. I have been a subscriber for the past 3 years. Looking forward to seeing your work in there

Thanks,
Denise
dvadon@verizon.net